About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Jule`s crafty snippets #19

Good Evening All!

A few weeks ago I decided that it was time to use up some of my ever increasing pile of offcuts of paper and card.
I sorted some out, matching papers to card and contrasting colours with bits of ribbon but when it came down to it I couldn`t find the inspiration to come up with something I liked. Then I found Jule`s Crafty Snippets which is posted every sunday. That was just as I was getting bogged down with wedding invitations and life in general. I found that I really didn`t have the time to join in.
Jule`s blog Always with a Heart is full of fantastic makes and the Sunday snippets is a lovely little way of showing us how to use up those pieces we save for a rainy day and never get around to using.Check her out, you won`t be disappointed.
Anyway last night I was determined no matter what that I was going to join in at last and this is what I came up with.

The photo isn`t very good, I took it this morning when it was quite sunny and the white background seems to have bleached the colour a bit.
The papers are both from the same pack that I bought years ago when I first started crafting but I can`t remember who they are from.
The image is Hero Arts Elegant Weeds stamped in versacolour Heliotrope and embossed with clear EP.
The sentiment is Flourishes Tag Lines.
Another first for me is the concertina flower.I punched one edgewith a Martha Stewart Doily Punch and added a large gem in the centre.I know it`s not perfect but for a first attempt it`s not too bad.

I know it`s only a tiny dent in the pile of bits but I thoroughly enjoyed making this card. It was nice to get back to layers and colour for a change. Don`t forget to check out Jules blog ...

Thanks for popping in ...Lynne xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne, I love the colours of that gorgeous DP and well matched stamping, I know what you mean about needing a break from CAS cards, every now and then just a few layers and big smiles:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, biggest of hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne

    Tee hee!! I have those papers DCWV Floral Prints .. .. .. and how long have I had them?

    Love what you have done here. Great layout and use of colour and your flower is stunning. The punch has made for a great finished look!

    Thank you for keeping me company on my mission to rid the world of snippets of paper.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne - this is very pretty - I do like the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne . .. you'll soon be addicted to making cards from your scraps following on from Jules's inspiration (I know I am).

    Yep, that's your weekend sewn up . . . LiM challenge on Saturday and Snippets challenge on Sunday (although you can join in both all week!)

    GREAT snippets card by the way! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat a pretty card Lynne and made from scraps what a brilliant idea...love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne,
    Gorgeous snippets card I must say!! I've been wanting to join in with this for ages but always run out of time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always feels great to use up scraps - especially when the outcome looks as good as this! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh beautiful colours, and the concertina flower is fab, must add that to my "Need To Try" list lol :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! The rosette is so dramatic and the image is so pretty!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprising how the snippets mount up isn't it. I love what you have done here and that versacolour Helitrope is one of my favourite colours . The stamp is gorgeous.
    x Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous flower! Love your card, it's very pretty.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.