About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 3 August 2012

Ruby`s 4th Birthday

Hello Blog Friends,

I`m sure I must have mentioned that it was Ruby`s 4th birthday last tuesday (31st July). It really doesn`t seem like 5 minutes since I watched her being born and with everything that she`s been through these last few months, it seems like an extra special birthday. She received lots of presents, ofcourse, and some fabulous new clothes. As she already has more toys than Toys R Us we got her some books. I like to encourage all the kids to read as much as possible and Ruby does love her books.
Anyway, I made her a card and Angie asked if I`d make one from her too so I`m sharing them both today.

 First up is the one I made for Angie to send.
Image is Wee Suzi from Wee Stamps coloured with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens, cut out with a nestie oval die and matted onto a nestie beaded oval.
DP is by Pink Petticoat 
The butterflys are MS punch
Ribbon from stash
For the card from Alan and myself I used a digi stamp from Mo digital pencil.
coloured with markers and added a bit of glamour dust.
The DP is actually Me to You Christmas paper but as it`s not obviously christmassy I thought it worked well with the colours on the image.
I made 3 glitter stars using a nested stars die by X Cut and made the wand by using 2 dies and adding some clear gems. There is a stick that took me ages to make by rolling some pink tissue paper with a skewer but I`ve almost hidden it behind the image.
The glitter no 4 is from a pack from Poundland.

I`ve scheduled this post so I hope it works, my last one didn`t for some reason. Fingers crossed :)
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

7 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Lynne I expect Ruby loved them both..pretty colours and butterflies on your first card and a great Mo image..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really adorable cards for Ruby - hope she had a wonderful day! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lynne - love your rolled wand handle (what bit you can see lol!)
    Hope Ruby had a fabulous birthday.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous girly-sweet cards! Beautiful coloring and details on both. Books are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute cards for such a chute little Lady! I love both of them!

    MamaBeate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, your cards are sooo perfect for Ruby on her VERY special 4th birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne

    Two very special cards for a very special little girl.

    I hope Ruby had a magical birthday.

    It must be amazing to see your grandchildren being born!

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.