About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 13 January 2013

Simply Less is More # 102

Hello Everyone...I`m back.

...bet you thought I`d disappeared off the  face of the earth didn`t you? I`ll explain the why`s and wherefors after I`ve shared my card for this weeks Less is more challenge.
I can`t believe I`ve missed a whole month of these challenges and after joining in every one since the beginning too. This week Chrissie and Jen want Sports and Exercise and it`s one layer week too.

I got this digi image from Just Inklined ages ago but this is the first time I`ve used him. Love the look of determination on his face.
Coloured with a mix of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens. The sentiment is computer generated.
I had my bike stolen from the shed about 5 years ago and I do miss it, not that I raced or even pedalled very fast but it`s a darn sight faster than walking.

Anyway, onto my unexpected absence. Just after I posted my last card I had a really bad dizzy spell that lasted about 10 minutes but felt like hours. It scared the hell out of me, especially as I felt quite light headed for a few days afterwards.So I went to visit the doctor and my blood pressure was sky high. She`s given me pills and after further tests it`s coming down nicely so all`s well. The trouble was, my mojo took fright and ran for the hills so not much crafting was done at all.
Then the weekend between Christmas and new year both me and Alan picked up a dose of Norovirus ( gastroenteritis). You really didn`t want to be in our house that weekend lol. So that`s it really. I decided to rearrange the craftroom to try to bring Mr Mojo back which took a lot longer than it should have and I think it`s starting to work. At least I`m actually sitting in the craftroom now so fingers crossed.

That just leaves me to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas too. Sorry it`s a bit late.

Can I be a boring grandma and show you this pick of Ruby at Christmas?
We bought her the nurse outfit and a medical kit as she`s decided that she wants to be a nurse when she grows up. I got quite emotional when she reeled off the name of every piece of equipment in the medical kit and she knew what to do with it all, bless her.
Look at the tree. Ruby decorated it and that`s as far as she could reach with the tinsel. Love it!

Right waffle over. I`m so pleased to be back and I wont leave it so long next time.
Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland Lynne - I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time. Ruby looks adorable in her nurse's outfit - it's understandable that you felt emotional. I do hope she is still improving.

    Your sports card is brilliant - I bought that image last summer for my eldest Grandson's birthday card and he loved it (he's mad about bikes).

    I hope that 2013 will be a happy and healthy year for you and yours.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, welcome back, sorry to hear you've been having health problems and hope all will be well with you soon.

    Ruby looks well and very happy with her gifts

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby Nightingale! She looks great Lynne!
    Hope all the sickies have disappeared now from the household and as for 'On yer bike Bradley'(!)- a great image - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you back Lynne and pleased you are feeling better....just love your sporty card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed you, lynne!! so glad to see you back and creating... what a fun card! thanks for sharing the picture of ruby, she is just adorable!! and i'm glad you are feeling better. that dizzy spell sounds absolutely awful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you back Lynne... we missed you!
    Ruby looks great in her nurses outfit, it's good to see her enjoying herself.
    I hope that you are more or less back to your old self, it sounds as though you have been through the mill somewhat!
    Your card is great... he does look determined doesn't he!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Lynne! It's great to see you back in the blogosphere!! And Ruby looks a delight, all decked out in her nurse's uniform. It's a tribute to all her nurses that she wants to be one!

    I'm sorry to hear that you and Alan have had health scares and sickies. I hope you are both well and stay well! Your card is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Lynn! Let's hope 2013 will be a healthy one for you and all your family. Ruby looks fab in her nurse outfit - bless!xx

    A perfect card to come back with - your mojo is home!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your whizzing image. Super for the challenge. Ruby looks wonderful in her outfit. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely to have you back Lynne and I hope you've put all the bugs and high blood pressure behind you! Your card is brilliant - what a great bike image! Love the pic of Ruby in her nurses outfit and it just shows you can't stop a child learning no matter where they are! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Lynne, he'll be off the card if you're not careful!!! Sounds like you've had enough to deal with over the holidays, hope it's well and truly behind you now.
    I remember when I had a nurse kit for Christmas too, she looks so sweet. Hope you enjoyed Christmas despite your health issues :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that whizzy bike image Lynne, looks just like my bike mad son, must get that image I think now.Love the pic of Ruby, so nice to see her looking so well too, I bet you are so proud of her.Sorry to hear you've had health problems too, stay well now:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute. What a perfect sentiment and image combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card! The image is perfect for this week's challenge! I've been missing for a while too, so I didn't know that you were too! Hope you're feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a fabulous image.. just love it and great colouring

    Sorry late visiting this week...
    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh this is just the stamp I needed two weeks ago! Wish I'd known about it! Oh well...
    You have done an awesome job on this card Lynne! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.