About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 14 April 2013

Simply less is More # 115

Good afternoon all!

My but it`s a blustery day today. I spent most of yesterday afternoon planting seeds in trays ready for when the warmer weather finally arrives. I still have some left to do but it`s so windy I`m afraid they`ll blow away. I hope it`s better where you are.
The challenge this week at Simply Less is More is to use a favourite film as inspiration for our cards. Mmm, a tricky one as it`s one layer week too.
I don`t really have a favourite film. When I think of the best family films all I can come up with is Goonies and apart from that I prefer a good psychological thriller. I have nothing in my stamp collection that comes anywhere near.
So after a trawl through the collection I settled on a Peter Rabbit stamp and the film Watership Down.
Yea I know...pushing it a bit aren`t I ? ;-)

Peter Rabbit is by Crafters Companion and I stamped him and then masked him to stamp the bullrushes.
I bought this stamp from a stall at a Ross Papercraft show but it hasn`t got a makers name so I can`t give credit. I stamped it in Memento Olive Grove and used some tiny seed beads for the heads.
These seed beads are sold as nail art and come in a pack of 12 in various gorgeous colours. I got mine from work ( Poundland) for 50p because some thieving toerag had stolen one of the tubes. How low can you get?
The sentiment is from the same Peter Rabbit set.

Quick update on Ruby.
She is doing really well and waiting for the results of her latest blood test to see if she`s ready for her final dose of chemo, yaay!
The day after she came out of hospital the local paper called round to do a follow up after the report on Callie`s hair cut. They did a lovely article on Ruby and on Wilms Tumours. There were also some great pics.
This one has to be my favourite,
Mother and daughter smiling together.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx


18 comments:

  1. Hola Lynne, thank you for your comment last week, i'm glad to see you on my blog:D.
    Ooooh Lynne what beautiful picture, sincerely i think Ruby has a fantastic aspect, pretty face with a pinky colour,!!! this is the picture of the hope and i hope good news this week for Ruby, her mother and your family...
    Your card is GORGEOUS, a classic for childs, perfect CAS card and so elegant as always Lynne.
    A warm hug from Palma and i hope good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lynne xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, oh so cute, Lovely picture of the wee one, Hope that her bloods are ok for the last dose, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your card!
    best wishes to ruby!

    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne!
    Aww so lovely to see a picture of Ruby! She is looking very happy, bless her :) I hope she is well on the way to recovery! :)
    Your card is lovely too...and I love Watership down, though I cry like a baby every time I watch it!

    I'd love it if you would come follow my new blog, as I post there almost every day now! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card Lynne - love the nail art thingies you used, I had some here until I scattered them all over the desk :(

    Great piccie of Ruby and her Mum - here's hoping the blood test is good, she certainly looks so well.

    Just thought, didn't they make a film of Beatrix Potter too? Although Watership Down does it for me anyhow. We live just near there so I'll be watching for little bunnies in blue jackets!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply beautiful Lynne. Fingers crossed for Ruby's last chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lynne :-) such a cute image and the film title is perfect :-)
    sending an extra hug for Ruby xx what a lovely photo :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful picture of Ruby and her mummy, all good wishes for her upcoming treatment. What a brave little girl.
    Your card is delightful too Lynne, what a charming image and a great composition.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a lovely photo of Ruby and her Mum!

    Great card Lynne and love how you've used the masking technique. The beads are a fab finishing touch.

    Wild, wet and windy here but I bet the sun comes out tomorrow as the kids go back to school!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Lynne and a beautiful photo of Ruby and her Mum. Fingers crossed for the blood test results
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. I hope the results from the blood test will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad to hear that ruby is doing better... what a lovely picture! your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your card is lovely - the image is so sweet. I remember that film very well.

    Love the photo of Ruby and her Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww Peter Rabbit is perfect for a kiddies card Lynne....I remember crying my eyes out over Watership Down .... I must admit I thought your film choice was Miss Potter when I first saw your card!!
    Lovely photo of Ruby and Mum... fingers crossed for her results :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab card lynne


    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Peter Rabbit on the card Lynne, lovely film choice also. How great to see Ruby looking so well too, beautiful pic of them both :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.