About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 18 May 2014

Simply Less is More # 172

Hi There!
First I`d like to welcome my new follower, thank you for choosing my little blog to follow.

I had full intentions of making my card for this weeks Simply Less is More challenge yesterday. Both the Alans ( husband and son) went down to Wembly to watch Hull City in the FA cup final so I had the day to myself. However, it was far to hot and sunny to be in the loft so I was very lazy and sat in the garden for most of the day. It did give me a chance to come up with some ideas though and I did get a tad carried away and made 3 cards.
The theme for this week is flowers, this is what I came up with,

I did one of those silly quiz things on facebook a couple of weeks ago and apparently if I was a flower I would be a daisy. I must have taken it to heart because I`ve gone daisy mad lol.
For my first card I stamped the background from Paper Smooches Kissables set 1 in orange Versacolor.
The leaf is die cut from a Poppystamps die and adhered using foam pads.
The daisies are punched from white paper and the middles from orange paper.
The sentiment is from Wplus9.

For my second card I stamped the Flourishes Gerbera daisy set and after colouring with markers I cut out a rectangle keeping as many of the flowers in view as possible.
I cut out a larger rectangle in white card and mounted them using foam pads.
The sentiment is Flourishes Tag Lines.

Last one and I cut 2 small panels, one slightly larger than the other, rounded the corners off with a corner punch and mounted them one on top of the other using foam pads.
The leaf is again from Poppystamps and the flower is Sizzix Gerbera Daisy die set. I added a brad to the centre of the flower and placed it on the leaf.
The sentiment is Flourishes Tag Lines also with rounded corners.

As you can see the weather has been lovely again today giving me the chance to take my pics outside for a change. I`m certainly making the most of it as it`s going to change again in a couple of days, ho hum!

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx



17 comments:

  1. Lynne, these are three fabulous cards! I love CAS but find it quite hard to do (it's always so much easier to ladle on the embellies lol!) so I really appreciate these gorgeous designs!

    Enjoy the sunshine - next weekend it's bound to rain, since it's a Bank Holiday ;)

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you went all out and I love all three! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Lynne, love the gerberas:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you been busy Lynne!
    These are all simply wonderful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous summery cards, I love the colours you've used. Thanks for coming to visit me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards! As a real "inky-person" I like the second best and with the sunny weather here it fits so in this bright day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the cards..they are so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no I'm spoilt for choice here! Love them all. The middle one is great with the striking colours but the other 2 just pop with the way you've layered the blooms.
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful cards and in the sun too. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my gosh, Lynne, that was a very productive time sitting and thinking in the sunshine! These creations are all stunning, so stunning that I can't pick a favorite!! I think I'd better head for the deck chair! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 Very pretty cards, great simplicity on all and beautiful flowers on each one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great set of summery cards. The daisy one reminds me of the daisies in the fields that are just coming out around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous set of cards, fresh as a daisy designs Lynne!
    Thank you for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love colours, layouts, the simply elegance of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are all simply gorgeous !! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow such fabulous cards Lynne! my fav is the last one I think but all gorgeous.We are having a family party here tomorrow, typical of the weather to change for the worse arghhh! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.