About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 14 June 2014

Simply Less is More # 176

Hello There!

First I`d like to welcome Ileana, my new follower. Thank you for choosing my blog to follow and there is no need to apologise, your english is terrific. 100% better than my Italian :)

The challenge this week at Simply Less is More is One Layer, Off the Edge. Nowhere near as daunting as the last time we had this challenge way back in week 6. I`m hoping my designs have improved with time too.

A fluttering of butterflies trying to escape lol.
I used one of the butterflies from Elusive Images ( now Chocolate Baroque) butterfly set. I masked the bottom one but then gave each of them a tiny bit more space as they reached the top of the card, stamping each one `Off the edge`. Then coloured them using the brightest markers I could find.
I added a bit of chrystal Glamour Dust to their bodies for some sparkle.
The sentiment is a joint effort, Birthday is Layers of Color and Wishes is Flourishes. org.

Well after a few days of glorious warm sunshine, we awoke this morning to cloud and drizzle. Perfect for crafting but not so nice for anyone trying to enjoy the great outdoors.
One thing I`m appreciating more and more since leaving work is being able to spend more time in the garden just watching the birds and wildlife. We have regular visits from Blue Tits, Gold Finches and a pair of Robins and we have a resident field mouse that keeps us amused for hours. We have an old toilet that I`ve planted up which sits in a corner of the garden and Mr Mouse has taken up residency there. He has a burrow which runs from the front of the toilet to the bit where the cistern should sit and he steals bird and fish food and hides it away in there. We also have a small bird house which hangs on the fence quite near the toilet and he climbs the fence to get at the mealworms in fat that I put in ( sounds like something from I`m a Celebrity).
As long as he stays in the garden and doesn`t decide to migrate to the house, I`m quite happy.
I`m sure many of you have much more exciting visitors than us but considering we live right on the edge of an industrial estate, it`s not bad going.

Thanks for popping in ...Lynne xxx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely bright card Lynne. Have fun watching your visitors!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lynne, that butterfly image is just gorgeous, and I love the bright colours.
    Linda xx
    Guest Designer
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne how pretty, love those summery colours!
    Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous vivid colours Lynne, super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. just lovely.. fab colours
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne, Beautiful coloured butterflies and way off the edge :D Glad to hear that you're enjoying your time away from work, not going to use the R word :D Isn't it great to choose when you do stuff :D Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous butterflies Lynne, fab colours. We missed the rain yesterday but it came through the open roof lite at 4:30 this morning and woke me up!! Sun just out as I write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely vibrant card Lynne, I cocked mine up for this challenge! Can we see a pic of your toilet next time please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Lynne and love those stunning vibrant colours
    Great stamping
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More


    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the brightly colored butterflies! Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card Lynne, I love your brightly coloured butterflies.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore the bright bflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely vibrant coloured card Lynne, love the flutterbies too.We have lots of birds and other wildlife as we have ponds too.We have had bats,a large buzzard,even a deer which surprised our dog very much. Our grandson even found a hedgehog the other day too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.