About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 19 January 2019

Simply Less is More #387, Sketch

Hello there,

It's Saturday and time for a new challenge at Less is More. This time it's a sketch.



I tried really hard to put my own slant on it, turned it round and upside down, Tried a die cut with the sentiment across it but nothing worked better than the sketch so I just went with it.

I found a piece of card that I'd marbled a few months ago that I was happy with and used that for my background.
I had to use my brain to get the triangles cut right because measuring and maths are NOT my strong point but it worked really well so I'm giving myself a pat on the back.
The marbling is hot pink, lime green and a bit of orange so I picked out the pink for my sentiment.
The stamp is Avery Elle Valentine set stamped in Magenta Versa color and heat embossed with clear EP.
I used a scrap piece of hot pink card to punch out the 3 tiny hearts to finish.

We're taking my dad for a Sunday meal tomorrow for his 87th birthday. I think I'm looking forward to it as much as he is, no cooking and no pots to wash, yippee!

Thanks for popping in X


6 comments:

  1. AWESOME make the LIM sketch this week, fab colours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your version of the sketch, such beautiful colours and a wonderful sentiment. Hope you all enjoy the special day.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card Lynne love the marbled background -happy birthday to your Dad and enjoy your meal tomorrow
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lynne - the addition of the little hearts makes it your very own as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Love the look of the marble effect. Together with all the white space this card has a very stylish, polished look! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.