About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 September 2019

Simply Less is More #403

Hello there,

It's Lucky Dip week over at Simply Less is More and this time it's Metallics.

As I'm in full Christmas mode atm I thought I'd have a go with one of the designs I have in mind for some of my cards.

I've used a dark card for my base. It's a beautiful slate grey with a shimmer finish that I've had for years. In fact I've had it so long I can't remember where I bought it. I think it's from a card & paper mill in Hull but I'm not sure. They do some gorgeous card in unusual colours but they're quite expensive which is probably why I've held onto it for so long.

I started by cutting out a rectangle from apiece of scrap card to use as a mask. Then I used a Memory Box stencil with clear EI and silver EP for my background.
 The trees are a set from Amazon, cut from snippets of white card and triple embossed in silver.
The sentiment is Sentimental Christmas from Winnie & Walter also embossed in silver.

I'm pleased with this card and if I can bare to use more of this card I think I'll make a batch

Thanks for popping in X

7 comments:

  1. Stunning result Lynne, love that embossing and design.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS card Lynne great design and love the embossed trees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving grey and silver at the moment. I can imagine that card base is beautiful IRL and I love the effect of the multi heat embossed trees. Great design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab metallic cards Lynne, loving your pretty trees too.So sorry I am late commenting also ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Lynne! Full of class and sophistication yet it has such a modern look to it too. Bravo! Thanks so much for popping this in to us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple design. Stylish and clean.
    Regards Libby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.