About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday 4 January 2011

The play date cafe #62

Hi Folks

A quick post today as I have to start getting ready for work soon.

The girls over at The Play Date Cafe  have given us this gorgeous colour combo this week,



After the cold blues of Christmas cards and the miserable weather, I was definitely ready for some pink scrumptiousness.
This is what I came up with,






Quite a plain and simple card, my mojo is still on holiday I think, but I`m rather pleased with the result.

The main DP is by Kameo cards matted onto some hot pink card.
I used a slightly paler pink for the scalloped border using my new Spellbinders Scallop die.
I`ve added a panel in white card and stamped the sentiment in Rose Bud . The sentiment is by Flourishes.
I made the flower using the same hot pink card and added a sparkly brad in the centre.
Some flat backed hot pink pearls to finish and thats it.


I`m having computer problems at the moment. It`s running really slowly and takes forever to do something really simple so I think I might have to have a look at it. ( then I`ll let son put it right LOL)

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I love your little details like the pretty scallop and the pearls-delightful :) Glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation sweetie,i love the colours you have chosen too, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojo on holiday?! I don't think so!! This is totally gorgeous; so elegant and stylish. Love the new look blog too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful flower Lynne, and the clean and simple design is so elegant. Fabulous nestie border and backing paper. Happy 2011 to you and yours - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL entry for this week's challenge! Here's to seeing you lots and lots in The Play Date Cafe in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card--love the pearls on separate sides! CLEVER:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so elegant with its scallops and that stunning flower - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just found this challenge site also, its so fun! Wonderful flower and colors, the texture on the scallop edge is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.