About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 28 July 2011

A Fairy for an Angel...

Good Morning All!

Well we have morning sunshine at last up here for a change. I was beginning to think summer was over. I hope the weather is good for you too where ever you are.
It will be my youngest Grand daughter Ruby`s 3rd birthday on Sunday. As she is far too young yet to even think about blogging I feel it`s safe to post her card on here.
I`ve called this post a fairy for an angel because she is an angel, well, most of the time lol. Here it is...

Now, as many of you know, I don`t do a lot of cute cards, mainly because of my appalling colouring skills. But I have been practising and I`m really chuffed with how this one came out. I may yet venture into cute and cuddly in the future.
I bought the stamp, Flower Fairy Candy Tuft by Crafters Companion especially for this card and I`m very pleased with it. A huge stamp making it easy to colour lol.
I`ve coloured with promarkers and glittered her wings with Glamour Dust.
The DP are snippets, the stripes are Pink Petticoat and the hearts are I think, Cute Colors tiles.
I`ve matted the image onto some darker pink card (another snippet) with a scalloped edge on one side using my Martha Stewart Doily Punch.
I added a white ribbon along the join and made a ribbon flower, then added some flowers by Wild Orchid crafts.
I punched a Martha Stewart Butterfly out of white glitter card and added that to the image.
The sentiment is computer generated and cut with a nestie circle.
Because I`ve used snippets I`m going to show it on Jules crafty snippets challenge #29 too.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

14 comments:

  1. I think you should colour more often - this is just beautiful. Hope Ruby has a lovely birthday.
    Sunny here today too - apparently its here for the weekend...........
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Lynne - Am sure the little 'angel' will love it.....
    It's a beautiful image and your colouring looks fine to me!
    I sway between cute/cuddly/OTT/flowery stuff to grunge/disgustingly inky fingers/messy table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww . . . that's SWEET. Nothing wrong with your colouring Lynne. Looks perfect to me.

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love your butterfly and that "bow" with the flowers - perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's brilliant Lynne! I've got one of the CC Flower Fairies stamp sets (Apple Blossom I think) and am terrified to colour it! Well done, it's a really beautiful card! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and pretty with fairies? It's perfect for a little girl Lynne - and lots of more grown-up ones too. Ruby will love it I'm sure! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Lynne and there's nothing wrong with your colouring at all! Your little angel will love this. My youngest grand daughter will be 3 in December but she wouldn't thank me for a fairy or princess card - it'll have to be a pirate, Bob the Builder or anything Toy Story! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynne .. .. what a beautiful card for your Grand-daughter. It is gorgeous and so very neat.

    Your colouring is wonderful too .. .. I think you are being a bit hard on yourself.

    A lovely sprinkling of hearts too!!!

    Thank you for coming to play in the snippet playground again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty girlie card Lynne, you should definitely colour more often :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like to color either, but this is FANTASTIC! You must be really hard on yourself because I can't understand why you don't color more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne, Your colouring's brilliant, it's a really pretty card, happy birthday to your grand daughter, I hope you all have fun, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so VERY pretty, Ruby will love it, I love how you have put the flowers into the centre of the ribbon too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and the colouring is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colouring is lovely! I do love the Flower Fairies, I had the books as a child and the pictures are so beautiful. You've really done Candy Tuft justice! Such a pretty card, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it

    luv, Mags x!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.