About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 15 July 2011

Flourishes Noon Time Challenge #2

Good Morning All!

Another quick post from me as I battle with my old enemy...time. There`s never enough of it.

I`ve been looking at the various challenges over at Flourishes for some time but never had the courage to join in before. There are some truely awesome creaters joining their challenges. Today, however I decided to bite the bullet and join in THIS challenge which is to CASE one of their members cards.
I chose Silke Ledlow as I have been in awe of her cards for a long time. She uses layers and texture but still manages to make them look CAS.
This is the card I cased and you can find it HERE



















And here is my version.
I`ve used Cuttlebug candy Canes EF for the panel.
The stamp is Flourishes Orchids coloured with Promarkers.
I`ve added some green gingham ribbon tied in a knot and some pink gems.
No where near as good as Silkes but I`ll keep trying.










Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

15 comments:

  1. Stop being so darn critical of yourself woman - this is simply beautiful and every bit as challenge worthy as Silkie's :-D
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Lynne . . . I think you've made a lovely version of Silke's card. She is a hard act to follow so I agree with Craftylicious's comments!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, your card is absolutely lovely you've done a fantastic job and very nice colouring. Good for you to join in the challenge I find I learn so much playing along with them. Gives me lots of inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your version of silke's card is just lovely, lynne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job Lynne! I am so glad you joined the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CASE. You have captured the interesting cards that she makes with all of the white space and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Oh your berries look yummy and the scoring is awesome. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Copy Cat Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne, I am speaking in my teacher voice that I save for Y6 so listen, lol! This is perfect and every bit as good as Silke's. I love your softer choice of colours.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie these are stunning, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those orchids are really beautiful as is your card

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your CASE of Silke's card is just lovely. The orchids are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card to CASE. Your orchids are amazing! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynne

    Your CASE of Silke's card is just great!! I love your colour choices and those orchids are coloured beautifully.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's lovely! Silke's cards are always so beautiful and so is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Wonderful job CASEing Silke! I agree completely about her awesome style -- CAS but with layers and texture and beautiful elements. I love your card with the orchids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.