About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 24 June 2018

Simply Less is More #374

Hello there,

I'm here today to share my entry in the latest challenge over at Less is More

I'm sure we all have a 'bit box', I have 2. An old biscuit tin full of die cuts because I always intend to make more of a certain design and then go off the idea, and a drawer full of background card that I make and then don't know quite what to do with.

 I made lots of panels by painting Lumin/Arti cosmic shimmer paints in Kiwi, Dark Green and little bit of Ruby onto a ceramic tile and 'Smooshing' my piece of card into it. Once it was dry I gave it a quick spray of Gold Shimmer spray to give it a bit more sheen.
For this card I simply cut a rectangle with a die and placed it using foam tape.
The sprig of holly is cut from a the larger Snowflake Sprig die from gold mirri card. I've added a few red gems as berries to give it some grounding.
The sentiment is by Dovecraft.

A close up of the shimmer.

For this card I've 3 circles from another piece of card made the same way as the first.


On this one I've used the full Snowflake Sprig die, again in gold.
Sentiment is from Winnie & Walter.






My final card is using one larger circle die.
 The die cut is Freemont Pine Outline in gold.
Sentiment again is Winnie & Walter.

Rectangle and circle dies are Spellbinders.
Freemont Pine is by Poppy stamps
Snowflake Sprig is Memory Box

I have a few of these sheets left and also some in shades of blue so I think I have this years Christmas card designs all wrapped up.

Thank you for popping in x





8 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards and fabulous backgrounds love the shimmer--a bit box??? I have a plastic container full to overflowing with offcuts of card and two drawers full of oddments of paper !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cards. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, love the background colours and the designs.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG on using the BITS BOX to such great effect too - lovely piece of backing - I quite see why you wouldn't have wanted to throw that away!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three absolutely stunning cards! I love the shimmery background panel you've made, its stunning... Perfect for making CAS cards with lots of detail and interest! I think the second card is my favorite -such an inventive, creative layout and perfect use of dies! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just beautiful, they are so elegant and I love the shimmer - it adds a lot of interest. You have a great eye for design too. Gorgeous cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three beautiful card. Love the rich colours of your background

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so creative, what a great use of your leftover bits. Such cool simple designs, love them.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.