About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 23 September 2018

Mum's birthday card

Hello there,

It's my mum's 85th birthday today so we've to the home to see her and give her the card I made for her.

I've gone with my go to Pink Petticoat ( The Lovely Studio) Brocade paper in Willow which is a very pale green.
The frame was made using 2 wavy nested dies from Caroles crafts.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts
The leaves are a mix of dies from Memory Box and the Works.
Sentiment is by Rubbadubbado, stamped in Versamark Black Onyx.
I've added a scattering of tiny clear gems.

Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 1999 and had to go into a home 2007 so here we are 19 years and she's still with us. Dementia is a cruel disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone but she's being well looked after and cared for.

Thanks for popping in x

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Great use of dies and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lynne and love the beautiful flowers--my hubby got diagnosed with Alzheimers and vascular dementia end of last year so early days yet-but my Mam had it -it's a terrible cruel disease I agree!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.