About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 2 January 2012

St Lukes Charity Card Challenge...January

Happy New Year to You All!

I might be a bit late but better late than never eh? Now that all the festivities are over and we are getting back to some sort of normality it`s time for a brand new challenge at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge.
The title of the challenge is...New Year, New Start and we want you to give a new lease of life to anything old and tired and destined for the bin. This could also be something you`ve retrieved from a chistmas present, ribbons, paper, gems. Just recycle it and turn it into something magical.
We have another fabulous prize to give away to our outright winner this month,
 this fabulous yellow Ribbon Girl kit. I would give my right arm for a kit like this, isn`t it just gorgeous?
Anyway, enough drooling, onto my make for the challenge.
I fancied a bit of vintage with this one. Although I must admit not everything is truely recycled, nothing on the card is new.
The image is one I printed off my Microsoft Greetings cd months ago and never used.
The beaded oval behind the image is actually the thin card stiffener from a roll of wrapping paper.
The Doily I rescued from a party ages ago.
DP and lace are both snippets so don`t really count but they have reduced my pile by a micro dot lol.
The ribbon and bow came on a present my daughter recieved which she saved for me. ( I have them all well trained).
Paper rose is from another card that I made a long time ago and didn`t like, so another rescue and the tag is from the wrapping paper stiffener too.
Just goes to show what you can use when you put your mind to it and if I had a bit more imagination I`m sure I could have saved all sorts from the recycle bin.

Please pop over to the main blog and check out the other DT designs, you won`t be disappointed. Also don`t forget that you can donate any cards you make to this very worthy cause. Thank you.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

11 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I am dead impressed at the amount of recycled items you used on this card, they look really good together!

    Happy New Year!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mags B (above) . . . I'm very impressed with your recycling efforts.

    Happy New Year to you Lynne.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive card well done on the recycling going to go and have a rummage now !! Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Lynne! A gorgeous card. I feel very ashamed now as I threw all my snippets into the recycle bin as they were getting on my nerves, lol!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've recycled loads Lynne - brilliant card for our challenge. Using the inner tube from the wrapping paper was inspired!
    Thanks so much
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's some great recycling Lynn and love how you used the doily too:)
    Happy New Year to you :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of recycling Lynne....a very pretty card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI lYNNE
    fABULOUS CARD....LOVE ALL YOUR IDEAS...I STRUGGLED A BIT ....BUT GOT THERE IN THE END .....
    hUGS SYLVIE
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne - this is just fabulous - a really beautiful vintage card! Love the pretty layers and soft, subtle colours. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynne

    Love the colours and vintage look of this beautiful make.

    Suprising what you can make from saved items.

    I hope you had a good Christmas and wish you all the best for the new year. I hope 2012 is a good year for you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Very elegant and oh so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.