About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Amour

Good Morning All!
I hope I find you well and not suffering too much in this miserable february weather.
It`s the 1st of the month and that can only mean one thing. A brand new challenge at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge.
This month we want                 Love and Lace
 Amour is the word this month- make a romantic card for a wedding, anniversary or birthday to the one you love. Add some lace for a romantic finish.

Here is my card to give you some inspiration,
For my card I used a pale peachy pearlescent card cut to make a 6x6 square.
The image and the DP are both from Joanna Sheen Victorian Romance cd.
I cut the image out and matted it onto some peach card cut with my fancy scissors (not used those for years).
I added some cream lace and a border (in peach) punched with a Martha Stewart doily punch, then overlaid that with some peach ribbon.
I made a double loop bow, threaded some gold cord through a button, tied it in a bow and added that to the ribbon bow.
I made some stick pins with some silver beading wire and added some pearl beads from my stash and finished the whole thing off with some tiny clear gems on the border and in the solitaire ring

I hope you like it and it inspires you to join in the fun. Don`t forget that you can donate your card (or any other spare cards you may have) to raise funds for this worthy cause. The postal address in on the main blog.
And don`t forget to visit the rest of the design team and check out their fabulous makes.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lynne..I love that JS CD and you have chosen a lovely image, lovely touch of lace

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous Lynne.

    I can do the LOVE bit, but not the LACE . . .will it count? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, love that lace and the pretty DP
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card with one of your amazing trademark bows! I will never be able to tie them as nicely as you :( Love the peachy tones too.

    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne,
    Your card is beautiful. I love the papers and pretty image you used. Your ribbon, pins, and lace look gorgeous!:)
    I've been having problems with blogger, and for some reason I've only just been able to view your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Lynn, the papers are gorgeous as is the lace trim :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it... I adore this. Beautiful and elegant all around. THat image is wonderful, and oh so love the lace trim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Lynne! Gorgeous colours and image and so well made as usual.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lynn, that patterned peachy paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, you have a real talent for this type of card - just beautiful.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Linby - this is one of your trademark cards. I love the colours you've chosen and the way you've embellished that gorgeous ribbon. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.