About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 22 June 2014

Simply Less is More # 177

Hi there!
I`m popping in today to share my cards for this weeks Simply Less is More challenge which is to
                                                             USE WATERCOLOUR
I had a bit of a moment when I saw this challenge. Anyone who knows me, knows that I cannot paint to save my life. Skirtingboards, door jamb or even a door at a pinch and I`m fine but pictures...no chance. My fingers refuse to do what my brain is telling them so I just don`t do it.
However...after careful consideration, I realised that even I can do a colour wash, so that`s what I did. Not earth shattering or even remotely artistic but it kept me out of mischief for a while. Naturally once I got started I couldn`t stop at one , so I have three cards to share.

I used Luninart Shimmer paints, which leave a lovely sheen, on Papermill Linen card. Although it did curl a bit, it was quite easy to straighten afterwards.
On this one I used a blue in various strengths then picked up a tiny bit of pink here and there. Once dry I spritzed with some blue shimmer mist but it`s difficult to see on the pic.
I stamped my image ( Inkadinkado) in black Versafine and cut out the sentiment in purple card using a Die-namics die.

This one is made the same as above but using different shades and strengths of pink shimmer paints.
Once dry I stamped the text stamp ( IndigoBlu) in Memento Rose bud ink.
Once that was dry I stamed the leaf (Hero Arts) in clear ink and embossed in detail gold EP.
The sentiment is by Flourishes.

This one is done in green shimmer paint with a little yellow added in parts. Over stamped with the text stamp again in Memento Olive grove. Once dry I stamped and embossed the Leaf ( Papertrey inc) in gold EP.
The sentiment ( Penny Black) is cut out in gold card.

Since I`ve made these I thought of loads of other designs and if I get time I might indulge myself. Got quite a busy week ahead getting everything ready for our summer fayre fundraising event ( a great opportunity to get rid of some junk on the bric a brac stall)

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx



10 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! Oh these are fabulous! And the very last one is my fave - love the green and the way the word die has been placed.

    Hugs, and a quack, Di :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well looks pretty and creative to me - fab!

    Kathyk
    GDTM Simply Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an amazing job with your watercoloring. All are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ! We really got you going with this challenge Lynne, these are all stunning. I shall look forward to the next instalment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers you've really caught the watercolour bug.
    These are fantastic Lynne
    Thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Lynne :-) the colours and simple designs are fabulous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynn these are all gorgeous - reckon you're a watercolour expert now!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lynn. your three cards are stunning, the shimmer and colours are gorgeous. A simple design but beautiful.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant CAS cards love the coloured backgrounds and images
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.