About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 19 July 2014

Simply Less is More # 181

Hi there,

Sorry, it`s been awhile again. We`re having a few problems here on the homefront at the moment. Nothing too serious but they have kept me out of the craftroom for a couple of weeks. Just another drama in the soap opera that is my life lately. Hopefully everything will be sorted in a couple of weeks and I`ll get some positive story lines lol.

So...it`s theme week at Simply Less is More and the theme this time is a song title...Singing in the Rain.
We can use elements of any part of the song, just let our imaginations run. I think this card and particularly the sentiment, sum thing up perfectly at the moment.

I`ve used papers from Docrafts Back to Basics 1V.
The umbrella die is by Die-Namics.
The sentiment is computer generated and I`ve added some tiny clear gems for rain drops.

Speaking of rain drops...we were promised torrential rain and thunder storms for around 5 this morning. Not that it would have bothered me, I love a good thunder storm and I have been awake long before this for weeks, not sleeping very well, so I was quite disappointed when all we got was watery sunshine. We did get a heavy down pour this afternoon but nothing to write home about. I do hope the rest of you in the UK haven`t had the very worst of the storms.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card and sentiment Lynne thanks for the visit xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne - this turned out fab! I tried using the same die and got so frustrated I toss it in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lynne
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card...that sentiment is one we all need to remember!

    Love your paper pieced umbrella and the sweet raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Lynne, we've had your thunder storms here in the north west of England. I too like watching from the window, very heavy rain, thunder right overhead and lightening that illuminated the whole sky....... love the card and the caption. Enjoy your day. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne

    This is certainlyly a popular quote isn't it! Fab CAS card - love the umbrella die.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fab Lynne, that die treated this way looks ace!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a brilliant card, I love your paper pieced umbrella.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Your umbrella is so pretty and I love the 'raindrops'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say HOLY COW, Lynne!! This is perfect in every way and I'm pinning it to CASE some day!! I hope your soap opera goes on summer holiday soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beautiful card, LOVE your umbrella, so pretty, wouldn't mind one me self :) Great raindrops too.

    Hope things are getting back to "normal" for you Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, the colour scheme is so relaxing.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynne what a super card!
    Hope 'life' settles down for you soon
    Thank you so much for joining in this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Lynne, I love that super umbrella ! boiling here again think I am melting now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops sorry mean't to add...I hope things settle down for you soon too :) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card Lynne, especially the different DPs used on the umbrella.
    I'm with you, I get disappointed when the weather people say we're in for a downpour and it either skips right over us or it's nothing more than a few sprinkles. I don't care for the storms that cause damage but if a storm can rage and not hurt anything, I love nothing more than to sit in a chair and quietly watch it blow through.
    Hope things are going better for you soon.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your decorated umbrella. Hope things are better for you. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.