About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 2 March 2014

Simply Less is More # 161

Hello All and a Happy Sunday to you.

I hope I find you well. I`ve had the shittiest week ever at work to the point that I handed my notice in last thursday.Far too long winded and complicated to say why on here but needless to say my mojo has taken a nosedive because of it. I have a meeting tomorrow to try to sort things out but I`m not sure I`m too bothered to be honest.

Anyway...enough of the gloom and doom, it`s colour week at Simply Less is More and the colours are
                                                                 GREEN & YELLOW
This one looked much better in my head but it`s not quite the worst card I`ve ever made.
My usual panel card ( 6x6). I stamped the Orchids from Flourishes onto the base card and coloured using Promarkers & Spectrum Noir pens then masked the image to chalk the background in pale green.With hindsight I think the background would have been better in blue maybe.
I cut out the window with a Spellbinders Rectangle Die.
The sentiment is from the same Orchid stamp set.

Hopefully things will get sorted one way or another and my mojo will come back.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

7 comments:

  1. I think the background is lovely Lynne! Great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynne, this really is stunning! And as the Playground terror says, the background is absolutely right too.

    I do hope things get sorted out over work - must have really got to you for you to hand your notice in. Make sure that anything they agree to sort things out is recorded (ask me how I know this!). And, if you still aren't happy then walk - you would probably be more appreciated somewhere else from the sound of things.

    Chin up chick!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fresh card Lynne and the layout is great. So sorry to hear you have had a crap time at work and hope it gets sorted one way or the other tomorrow. Good luck with it. Heard the Immigrant song on my car radio whilst at the tip this week, just had to sit and sing along to it (getting some very strange looks) before I could dump my rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful flowers Lynne and think the background is gorgeous - it looks like golden sunshine! I don't know what's going on at work but I do know that they'd be mad to lose you. Hope you get it all sorted in the meeting. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've had a rubbish week Lynne. Your card is terrific...and I love that sentiment too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, hope things get sorted out at work for you.
    Love that orchid image
    Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
    Anne
    (Guest LIM commenter!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card Lynne. Oh I am so sorry you had such a rubbish week at work too :(.....things will work out in the end I hope :) big hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.