About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 25 July 2015

Simply Less is More # 234

Hello There,
WOW, it`s still saturday and here I am. Not only have I made my card, I`m posting it too. Now that`s something that doesn`t happen very often !!!

First though I`d like to welcome my latest follower, Sandma. Thank you for choosing my little blog, I really do appreciate it x

So, this weekend over on Simply Less is More it`s the boss`s 70th birthday, Happy Birthday Chrissie. We also have a guest designer, Di from Pixie`s Crafty Workshop. 
Di also runs the snippet challenge on her blog and the remit is to use snippets on our cards this week, while keeping them CaS with lots of white space.
I used to join in with the snippets challenge regularly but this past year I`ve been a bit negligent, something I must put right.
So, onto my card,

I started with these scraps of card and DP

and came up with this.

I`m not sure if Shabby Chic is supposed to go with CaS but I like it.
Really quick and simple design.
I made a tent fold white card base and a panel slightly smaller.
I cut the snippets into various widths and lengths and used a nestie square die to cut the fish tails.
The sentiment is by Wplus9 stamped and embossed in silver EP, then cut to size and fish tailed.
I`ve finished off with some tiny clear gems and there you have it.

Nice quiet weekend planned this week so hopefully more crafting will occur. Ruby and her parents have taken themselves off to Cumbria for a few days to stay with friends. I just hope they are having better weather than us :)

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx


16 comments:

  1. GREAT card Lynne - good to see you playing with snippets :) Remember you can link this into the Playground tomorrow if you like!

    Hugs

    Di xx Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB make - I think CAS rocks shabby chic!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of banners...very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks CAS enough; what a beautiful design and papers together! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Lynne and a great way of using up your snippets of paper. Thank you for the lovey welcome to your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your card too Lynne. Looks FAB.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea, Lynne. I really need to make some cards like this to use up my patterned paper scraps. Such pretty papers together too.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shabby chic CAS card Lynne! Such a pretty mix of dp. Grotty weather here too!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and elegant set of snippets Lynne and love how you've used them with a classy design. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely and the papers look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up Lynne - a lovely card and really pretty papers! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this style of card! Banners are so versatile for all types of card...esp. with pretty papers :)

    Linda
    Crafty Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this style of card! Banners are so versatile for all types of card...esp. with pretty papers :)

    Linda
    Crafty Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne your banners look fab - great CAS card!
    Thank you for playing along with Snippets for Chrissie
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card Lynne, great use of 'snippets' too. I hope Ruby and family enjoy their time away and have good weather too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.