About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 9 June 2018

Simply Less is More...Friendship

Hello there,

I'm popping in today with my entry for this fortnights Less is More challenge, which is Friendship.
I've been in a CAS sort of mood for a couple weeks now so couldn't wait to get started on this one.

A few weeks ago I had a messy session making marbled backgrounds using the shaving foam technique and some cheap acrylic paints. I used small amount to cut out my circle and the Memory Box Branches.
Before that though I stamped a flower from a set by Chocolate Baroque onto the front panel. I wanted a faint image so used a nearly dry Spun Sugar Distress ink pad.
I cut a deckled edge rectangle from a Caroles Craft die set and embossed it with a Craft Concepts Wood grain folder.
The sentiment is from a Flourishes set called Gerbera daisies stamped in black versamark.
To finish off I punched a tiny heart from the circle and placed the heart above the sentiment.

I do enjoy making CAS cards and like to keep them as simple as possible but I do love my colour too and I think the pop of colour from the marbled paper is just enough.

Thank you for looking today X

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card love the dies and little circle cut from the shaving foam technique and the little heart too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne. Love all the dimension and the vibrant colours of the shaving foam technique pieces and your stamped flower is beautifully subtle. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool make, great take on the LIM theme

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully done, love the layers and the pastels xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAD to have a closeup of this so Beautiful card Lynne, love the texture and the layers and colouring you have achieved.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne what an amazing looking card, I love every detail. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Lynne! Your shaving cream embellishments are beautiful and add just the right amount of interest. Love the simplicity, yet so impactful. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.