About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 28 October 2018

Less is More #383

Hi there,

It's time for a brand new challenge at Less is More and this time we are asked for Dimension on our cards.

We have an upmarket general store in a posh part of the city centre that my son works weekends at and they are looking to stock produce exclusively to them. Mainly craft beers and foods but greetings cards have been mentioned and I've been asked to submit some samples with a view to selling. I've explained it's a bit late for this Christmas but maybe I could do some for Valentines day.
I'm a bit scared to tell the truth but I'm going to give it go. Anyway I've had an idea going around my head all week and as soon as I saw the challenge details for LIM I decided to use it to put my idea to the test.

 Lots of dimension with homemade texture paste and a layered heart.
I cut out seven hearts and glued them together to give lots of depth.

A close up of the heart and tag.

So I started by making my own texture paste (I'll put the recipe at the bottom of this post) and using that on a heart stencil. from Studio 75.
While that was drying I cut out seven hearts, 4 red and 3 white using a Sizzix nesting die and glued them together alternately.
I stamped my tag with a sentiment from Flourishes and made a tag.
Once dry I cut the heart panel to size and backed it onto some red card leaving a very narrow border along the inside and bottom edges.
Then it was just a case of placing everything where I wanted them and adding a few small clear gems.
I'm quite pleased with it but if you all think it's awful, please tell me before I embarrass myself :)


Texture Paste,

1/4 cup of talcum powder. ( I used cheap baby powder and it smells lovely for quite a while)
1 TBS PVA glue
1 TBS white acrylic paint
A little water.

Mix all together adding a tiny bit of water until it has the consistency of toothpaste.

If you want coloured paste you can substitute white paint for whatever colour you need.

Right, it's back to the Christmas cards for me, thanks for popping in X

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lynne-go for it I used to make my own texture paste -but you can buy a big pot of ready mixed polyfiller from the £1 shop works just as well and you can colour it or add mica just as easily
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst thought Lynne your box cards would go down a bomb
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Valentine card, Lynne ! Love the different ways you used to give dimension to this beautiful CAS card. I'm sure you will sell a lot ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.
    And thanks for the recipe !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lynne,good luck with the selling too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card filled with beautiful romantic details! So much dimension too! Love your dry embossing and the idea to make a sturdy heart embellishment by stacking so many die cuts together. Fun layout also! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is Wonderful, so much texture and beauty. Just one thought would fewer heart layers be better for postage? Depends on the giver I suppose? LOVE it anyway and myself would pay the postage.
    Congratulations on this fabulous opportunity for you, your cards definitely deserve the accolade.
    Faith
    x
    PS thanks for your lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.