About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 29 October 2009

Big (cheap) flower embellishments


I was wading through crafty blogs the other night when I came across `Running with scissors` and Leslie Millers lovely designs. On an older post she tells of finding some artificial flowers in the local supermarket which she took apart to make card embellishments. So ofcourse as I`m always on the look out for cheap ways to maintain my passion I dragged out a bag of my own artificial flowers that I kept just in case chintz ever comes back into fashion. All I could find was something resembling a dahlia but when I took it apart I found flat flower heads.A shake about in some soapy water to get the dust off and a pat dry with a towel and look what I made...



It`s my friend Gail`s birthday soon and I always think november is such a miserable month so I thought what better card than a bright, in your face sunny yellow one. The large petals are from my cheap taken apart flower, the white petals are Papermania I think and the middle yellow could be Dovecraft but I`ve lost the packet.
A jewelled brad in the centre, some scoring (as usual) and some bright yellow jewels from my stash and there you have it.
Thanks for looking
Lynne xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.