About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 20 January 2011

You light up my life.

Hello folks!

Todays card is another one that seemed perfect in the planning stage ( inside my head) but in reality is somehow not quite right. I think, with hindsight, it would have been better done in landscape, so I might have another go at it later.
Anyway here is the card, let me know what you think.




I`m entering it in 3 Challenges,
Picture Perfect Creations who ask for Heat/ Dry embossing.
The Shabby Tea Room #45  which is called White and Bright,with instructions to use white with a splash of another colour and this piccy for inspiration,












And Our Creative Corner
who gave us this sketch,  called `Lets play dress up` and asked us to simply dress up the sketch..

I`ve used the OCC sketch as my base and used a circle instead of the oval.
I ran some white card through the Cuttlebug using the Swirls folder then matted it onto some hot pinkcard.
I made a border using the Spellbinders Grand Classic Lace die, also in hot pink.
The image is from the Papermania Chatsworth Collection stamped in Memento Rose Bud, cut out with a circle die and mounted onto a Lacey Circle in pink.
The sentiment is computer generated, also cut out in a circle and mounted onto a Lacey Circle.
I made the flower in the same hot pink card and added a pink sparkle brad.
Some pink gems on the image for a bit of bling to finish.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

10 comments:

  1. I think your card is very elegant. I love the D'vine Swirl EF in the back ground, it really does add to the elegant of your card. Your Grand Clasic Lace die is to parton the pun die for..*giggle*! I just love, love, love it and the circles are just awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this little beauty with us at PPC this week. Hope we will see you next week too.

    Tamie - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You light up my life, too! I love the song and I love your card!

    Kindly regards
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely ... I {heart} that gorgeous image!! So happy you could share this with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty Lynne, I think it works fine as it is. Love the colour choice. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the flower, so pretty, thanks for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, there's nothing wrong with this whatsoever! You're always telling me off for the same thing so stop it!! This is so elegant and I adore the pink! The lacy borfder and the flower are gorgeous too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it turned out wonderful, the flower you created is a great touch!
    Have I already told you I love your new blog look? I may have forgotten last time I was by. Its so darn cute and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hot pink and white colour combo and the sentiment goes so beautifully with the chandelier image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The embossing is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooooo!!! Beeeyootiful card!!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.