About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 19 February 2015

50th Birthday

Hi,
A mid week post from me, now that is unusual AND it`s something a bit different to what I`ve been doing recently.

I was asked to make a card for a friends 50th birthday from her husband with a request for Tinkerbell, glitter , pink and flowers.
I know she loves all things shabby chic, `cos she`s constantly bombarding my FB newsfeed with shabby pics, and she loves diamonte or real diamonds if she could afford them lol.
This is what I came up with,

The BG papers are from Pink Petticoat ( Swiss Dots and Vintage Roses)
I found a Tinkerbell image online and glittered her wings and pom poms with Glamour Dust. She`s cut out with a SB Floral Oval die.
The flowers are mainly from Wild Orchid Crafts with a couple from a local store.
The pink twirly stem is also WOC.

The leaves are from a Memory Box die  ( Botanical Stem) cut from pale green vellum
The sentiment is PC generated and I`ve curled the banner shape slightly to give it some depth.
The numbers I`m really pleased with.
I tried using white glitter card but they just got lost against all the pink so I tried sponging them with distress ink but it didn`t look right. I don`t have any sugar pink glitter card and was at a bit of a loss but then came up with this.
I laid some double sided tape onto pale pink card and leaving the backing on I cut out the numbers ( so the sticky is on the front) then removed the backing and carefully placed the tiny gems on.
I know you can buy these numbers ready made but I couldn`t be bothered traipsing about looking just for this one card. I`m dead chuffed how they`ve worked out and it didn`t take as long as I thought it would.

I have to deliver it to her hubby this week so I hope it meets the remit. I know she doesn`t read my blog so I`m safe there.

Edited to add, I`ve just realised that I can enter my card into this weeks In the Pink Challenge

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Lynne, I bet she will love it too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is lovely! I love that sparkly 50 and your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card Lynne! Am sure she will love it! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, I love the flowers and sparkly pink numbers! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. air max 2015 femme pas cher Security has been air max 2015 femme pas cher seen cheap cigarettes smoked, air max 2015 homme pas cher and quickly gave him the point man, you see day air max 2015 femme pas cher in front of Magistrate mention me ah. cheap snatched his cigarette, there is also a half nike air max 2015 pas cher Heyan see, air max 2015 femme pas cher then stuffed into his pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.