About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 8 February 2015

Happy 4th Birthday Less is More

Hi there,
I can`t believe it`s four years since the start of the Simply Less is More Challenge.It seems like only a few months since I read on Sarita`s blog about a new challenge about to start and thought I`d give it a whirl. I hadn`t grasped the clean & simple concept and needed a reason not to add ribbons to every thing I made. Four years on and I think I`ve finally grasped it.
Having said that I often have to remind myself not go overboard with the embellies.
Anyway it`s colour week this week being the first saturday of the month and this time it`s to use PINK & GREY.
For my card I`ve use a Penny Black Chevron stencil for the b/g. I tried using my homemade embossing paste but it just made a mess so I sponged some Memento London Fog instead.
The hearts are cut from a Sizzix die set in hot pink except the tiny ones which are punched.
The `Love` word is from Memory Box and  grey card. I`ve cut it out 4 times and layered it to give it some depth.
I`ve added some tiny gems to finish.
I was asked to make a non flowery Valentine card and I think this one will fit the bill nicely.

Ruby
Ruby came home from hospital last saturday just after I`d posted on my blog. We finally got to give her her Christmas presents on Sunday and had a lovely family day together. She is still a bit weak and is having lots of problems with her leg muscles. The chemo she is taking is known to affect the lower legs and ankles and combined with being bed bound for 6 weeks has taken it`s toll. She was measured up for, and later recieved a wheelchair to help her get around and yesterday went for her first physio treatment. She could only manage a couple of steps on her own even with support so the team found her a walking frame and that is much better. The more she uses the frame the easier walking will get so hopefully this is only a temporary glitch. Apart from that everything is fine apart from her Mum and Dad rearranging the house to store over 200 items of medical equipment.  Rather them than me .

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

18 comments:

  1. Great news that Ruby is home.

    Your pink and grey card is just GORGEOUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Lim card Lynne. So pleased to hear good news about Ruby xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, the pink hearts are so vibrant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-this is just wonderful.
    Great news that Ruby is home.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to know that Ruby came home and had her Christmas. Your card is wonderful! Love the chevron background and very CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update on Ruby, I hope she gradually become more mobile... bless her!
    Your card is awesome Lynne, you have certainly nailed CAS over this past 4 years!
    I always look forward to seeing what you submit each week!
    Thanks so much for your continuing support.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly a beautiful card and love how you have placed the gems.

    So glad Ruby is home and pray her parents have strength to carry on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly a beautiful card and love how you have placed the gems.

    So glad Ruby is home and pray her parents have strength to carry on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear Ruby's process and great that she's home at last.
    She's a little trooper isn't she!
    On to your card and you've certainly got it Lynn ... no doubt about it.
    My type of card completely and love everything about it embellies and all.
    Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge this week
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an awesome job on your card. I love how the chevron pattern looks faded. I am definitely your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. TFS Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Mrs! Great minds do think alike with grey die cuts ;-)
    So glad you to give Ruby Christmas - hope she continues from strength to strength.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous Lynne, love the design. Pleased to hear Ruby is home and hope her mobility improves. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the design of your card Lynne so beautiful in that color combo. Lovely to hear that Ruby is home and making progress:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad Ruby is home and getting to celebrate her Christmas!
    What a classy Valentine card, love it.
    Thanks for joining our fourth birthday celebrations at LIM!
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love the hot pink against the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card again Lynne, can't believe it's 4 years either! your cards get better and better with each one I see too! So glad Ruby is home, she has been through so much lately, she just needs to take it easy now ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asics Australia Online embarrassed, I was scum, where fitted on her. I asics factory outlet do not know cheap but also. Asics Australia Online And he just Cheap Asics Running Shoes acquaintances, so ask yourself what represents, but also do not create more self-esteem than their Asics Australia Online own, cheap asics but do not know cheap liked her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.