About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 31 August 2015

Simply Less is More # 239

Hello There!
Well it`s a very wet and miserable day here today.As it`s a bank holiday in England it was only to be expected really but still Mother Nature could have made an exeption. Never mind, at least I got in the craft room.
It`s a Lucky Dip week at the Simply Less is More Challenge and we`ve been asked to use Sprays / Mists on our creations.
I`ve taken a teeny, tiny liberty with my card. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and, as the ribbon colour is Gold, the Facebook page for cancer awareness has asked that we wear/ use something gold for our profile pics. I`ve gone with this in my card design and will be changing, not only my FB profile but my blog profile pic too, just for september.


I used a flourish stamp from Papertrey inc for my butterfly trail, stamped in clear ink and embossed in gold EP.
The butterfly is made from 2 Memory Box dies in gold mirror card and stuck back to back.
The sentiment is computer generated
I`ve finished with a good spray of gold spritzing ink from Docrafts

The card below shows the sheen from the spritzing better.





We had a lovely day yesterday.
Our immediate family seems to have altered and grown in the last few months.My daughter has moved in with her new partner Karina and her daughter Ava and my son seperated from his wife a while ago and now has a new girlfriend with two children.
I thought it would be a good idea to have a little get together so that all the different members could finally meet up and get to know each other. Although I`d forgotten what hard work it is organising food for a multitude and how tiring toddlers are we had a brilliant day. Everyone hit it off and got on really well, most of the food disappeared ( although I squirrelled some away for us today to save cooking ) and the little ones were a treat.
I have to admit age is catching up fast though, I was tucked up in bed by 9. 30 last night.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lynne. So pleased you enjoyed your family time. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Adorable gold embossing and misting Lynne. An elegant and beautiful card that's simply perfect for the challenge.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful - elegant design.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant CAS card love the gold flourish as a trail to the beautiful butterfly-sounds like you had a great day
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that your card is exquisite Lynne. I love the butterfly and the flourish and the gold colour finishes it beautifully. It's just so elegant. Lovely to hear about your family get-together and I'm glad that it all went well for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card.

    Isn't it lovely to see everyone and great when they go LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just white and gold, so perfect together, and your spritzing looks so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks beautiful Lynne, all that gold is opulent yet delicate!
    Just super!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.