About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 6 March 2019

Less is More #390

Hello there

It's time for another challenge at Simply Less is More and this time the theme is,


I missed the last challenge, I was busy at my son's house. More about that later.
 I really wanted to join in this time but a trawl through my stash didn't reveal anything remotely horoscopey.
So I've come up with a different take on it. I've gone for a sort of astrological skyscape type thingy. I just hope the planets are kind and the stars are aligning for me and it fits the brief.

The sunray type stamp is by inkadinkado, stamped in clear embossing ink and embossed in silver EP. I've used a dark blue card that has a sheen to it to represent the night sky and it's fabulous for stamping on.
The moon and the planets are cut from pearlescent silver card using various dies.
The stars are cut from silver mirror card from a Sizzix set and the waste from an amazon die.

So, my son and his partner asked me to wallpaper their bedroom. They are expecting a baby in May and trying to get the house in order before she's born.
I told him no but, I would teach him how to do it with the hope that when he's had a bit more practice, he can do mine for me.
I've always done my own decorating and I really enjoy it but as I'm getting older it's taking me longer to do it and even longer to get over it.
Anyway, 2 weekends later it's done but I really think I learned more than he did, although he did a good job.
I learned that my lad talks too much.
He cannot work and talk at the same time.
His music taste has improved alot.
And finally, it's a good job I didn't take up teaching as a career because I'm bossy and have no patience.
I think I'll stick to crafting.

Thanks for popping in

3 comments:

  1. You're post really made me laugh--I can pretty much relate to that I have always done the decorating and papering but as you say as you get older the inclination and energy is not there-I'm bossy and no patience when showing how things are done lol and you should know men can't multi task !!!I love the card and great take on the challenge
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your post and then reading Carol's, I had to laugh, but they echo me. I've always done the decorating from a child with my Mum, Dad was hopeless at it, so I was the one, not one of my 4 brothers did it? Women's LIB? At least hubby helped LOL. Yep! I'm bossy too!
    Should have talked about your card first - sorry! I LOVE it, as for horoscopes? aren't they in the stars?
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card here Lynne, yes it fits bill very well too.We used to do our own decorating too but got someone else to do our hall recently....we are just too old now lol.Saying that my OH still intends to paint our lounge soon lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.