About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 18 May 2019

New Stencil.

Hello there

I recently treat myself to a new stencil from Alexandre Renke. I couldn't wait to start playing with it.

I belong to a support group for Grandparents of children with cancer. The lady who started the group is called Pat and as today is her birthday, this one is for her. She really is a super lady and works tirelessly to raise awareness of children's cancer, side effects of treatments and long term after effects. Some of the stories that have been shared are horrendous.
Pat has had meetings with the Leader and members of the Scottish Parliament and this last week was at Westminster Palace to meet with English MP's to discuss awareness and treatment.


Luckily Ruby is doing really well and, as yet, is showing no signs of long lasting damage

I used my handmade texture paste coloured with some blue acrylic paints. Because the paste is made using talcum powder, ( I use baby powder) it smells gorgeous too.
I sprinkled some Creative Expressions glitter over it while still wet. The glitter has slightly holographic properties so gives a deeper shade depending on the light.
I've finished off with some irridescent gems and a sentiment from There she Goes.

I've just received a thank you on Facebook and  Pat is really pleased with it.

Thanks for popping in x


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that Ruby is doing well Lynne.
    I Love your card, it's so simple but gorgeous and delicate and sparkly, a fabulous result.
    Faith x
    PS South Wales is very different to North, so you have to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lynne love the stencilling and delicate colour---M&S would be proud lol.Great to hear Ruby is doing well
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.