About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 27 May 2019

Less is More # 396

Hello there,

It's time for another challenge over at Simply Less is More and this time it's,



So many different ways to emboss your cards and I think I've used quite a few of them on my entry

I used a stencil for the background.
I cut a circle using a die from a scrap of copy paper and placed it over the stencil, then used texture paste to cover it. Once the stencil was removed and the paste was still wet I sprinkled some white embossing powder over it and left it to dry. Once dry I heated it with my heat gun until I had a lovely shine.
The large leaf was cut from some sponged card that I made ages ago. I used a dark green Versa colour ink pad just along the edges of the leaves and sprinkled some clear EP on and heated it.
The rubber Plant leaf is cut from some smooshed card from my stash and I dry embossed the veins using an embossing tool.
The other leaf was cut from plain white card. I ran a lighter green Versa colour pad over the die cut until well covered, then sprinkled clear EP over and heated it. Once the EP had melted I sprinkled some more EP over and reheated it. I did this 3 times altogether until I finished with almost an enameled finish
I added a simple sentiment to finish.

A closer look at the finish

Leaf dies from the Works
Stencil is Memory Box Zippy Dots
Sentiment by Flourishes

Thanks for popping in x


7 comments:

  1. Super Duper and Super CAS make for the current LIM challenge, you've rocked it

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! this is gorgeous, I love the results of your embossing and the stencil paste, beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to go get those leaf dies (they will go with the other million I have which I never use - LOL!)
    Just LOVE this card. CAS perfection. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card Lynne! I love the subtle embossed piece. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did the stencil work and what a fabulous CAS card. Love the grouping of the fabulous elements and what a beautiful card this is x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning CAS card love the leaf dies -a perfect little group.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've nailed the challenge! Great way to add texture and embossing to your background. The layout and overall design of this card looks so stylish. Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.