About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 8 July 2019

A snippets birthday card

Hello there,

It was my grand daughter Ami's 7th birthday on Saturday. She started dance classes a few months ago and last week had her first exams. She proudly showed off two certificates for Highly Commended when we went to see her for her birthday and luckily I already had dancing in mind when I made her card.
As this one is made up of mainly offcuts and snippets I'm entering it into this weeks challenge at Pixie's snippets playground

The backing papers are both from Pink Petticoat/ The Lovely studio. The hearts are left over from Emilia's card and the Roses are an offcut that I've been hanging onto for ages as this design is now discontinued and I stupidly forgot to save it to disc DOH!
The banner is made from the leftover piece that you get when you make an A4 sheet of card into a 15cm x 15cm square card with a little piece of the hearts behind.
The butterflies are cut from a piece of pink glitter card that has more cut outs than card left.
I found the image on Google images. It's really difficult trying to find a dancer of colour for some reason but as soon as I saw this one I loved it, it's Ami to a tee.
The sentiments are computer generated.
The number 7 is from a sheet from The Works
The gems are from my stash.

This is Ami with her new baby sister Emilia
I'm so lucky, I get lots & lots of cuddles

Thanks for popping in X


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture and the cards not bad Lynne lol.
    The card is gorgeous and you certainly found the perfect beautiful image -a very girly card love it
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lynne. I can see that a lot of thought, not to mention snippets, has gone into the making of it - especially in sourcing the image of the little dancer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Lynne, and the image is so perfect! Wonderful photo of her with her baby sister as well. And, I actually have a sheet of that very same PP roses paper here which you're welcome to have if you wish. Easy for me to pop it into a hard backed envelope - just drop me an email. I also have the pale pink background with white polka dots and a white background with tiny pink roses if you'd like those. I can see from what's left that it's been a favourite pad of mine too! But would love to share.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again Lynne! Pink Petticoat are still operating and I think I've found the rose papers. Hadn't realised yours were digital - mine were free with QCME magazine. Here's a link to Liz's new website and the 'ditsy roses': http://www.thelovelystudio.co.uk/colour_collection/cc_ditsy_prints.html

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.