About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Darnell's blog hop

Hello there,

The wonderful Darnell is hosting a Blog Hop in honour of Di at Pixies crafty snippets.
It's 7 years this week since Di took over the playground from Jules and she's doing a cracking job of it.
I must admit it's been quite a while since I joined in the fun in the playground but really wanted to send some love and thanks to Di with a little card from me.

My snippets started life like this,


I use A3 size card to make boxes for my fussy cards and always have a strip of leftover card, around 4" x30". I cut these up into roughly A5 size and use them for smooshing, sponging or backing for tissue paper technique backgrounds. The coloured card above is smooshed with distress inks, then run through a Spellbinders EF.
The other 2 pieces of white card have obviously been used for die cutting previously.

And this what I did with them,

I cut out the coloured card with Spellbinders Hexagon dies.
The Flowers are dies from Simply Graphic
The sentiment is by Personal Impressions.

As you can see I save and use every scrap I have but, for some reason, my snippets box(es) don't get any smaller.

Thanks for popping in x

21 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the snippets growing! This is such a beautiful card, I love the colours of the embossed hexagons xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your snippets card is amazing! One that would make Di very proud! I love your hexagons, the colors are so pretty and soft. Yes, my snippet's box doesn't get any smaller either even though I try and use them. sigh Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, the colours and textures are fab and the CAS-ness is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Beautiful card and design Lynne.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling with the snippets box, I'm sure the more we use the more it grows! Your card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a SUPER card. LOVE how colourful but CAS it is. FAB!
    I have a little something in my satchel that may interest you - come find me and the gang behind the bike shed . . . SHhhhh!

    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping for Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing make using up the odd bits of card

    Happy SNIPPETversary

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, yes, we call that the Snippets Conundrum! I love what you did with your snippets, Lynne! What an awesome and unique design you have created! Thank you so much for joining the Hop to thank our Miss Di! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly fabulous Lynne!

    I still keep a little eye out for Ruby of courseQ

    Thank you so, so much for joining in the blog hop organised by dear Darnell. I'm still quite overcome here!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet and pretty. Dies are a great way to use snippets. I started a massive sort out today and shocked myself at how many scraps I had. I threw a few away! Just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne

    Lovely to hear from you!

    If you are anything like me you use up your snippets but still keep stupid little leftovers from those too. So basically my snippets are still there .. .. just smaller in size LOL!!

    Love your card. The embossing is gorgeous and the dies are so beautiful.

    I hope all is well with you. Sorry to have been a stranger. I must try harder.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the cutest little card! I love those colorful little hexagons with the delicate flowers! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynne, love the use of your snippets, the pretty smooshed background and white look great together... a fun card to celebrate Miss Di and Snippets Playground... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful CAS design, brilliant use of snippets. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW you certainly put those snippets to good use and love the delicate die-cut flowers-I think the snippets breed when you're nnot looking mine certainly do lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oww this is a really nice card Lynne, love what you've done with your snippets

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous snippets card for a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so clever. I love those embossed snippets...a lovely card as a result of using snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredibly beautiful use of snippets! I know Di loves this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful and elegant card from your snippets x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.