About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 12 January 2019

Less is More # 386

Hello there

I've quite a long post today but I'll leave the reading bit till after I show my card for the latest Less is More challenge # 386 Water

I was a bit flummoxed by this one but after looking through some of the other entries I've come up with a card. Not sure whether I've pulled it off or not,

 I used distress inks with a little water to smooch some card hoping to get a rippled water effect. It's not quite how I wanted but I'm fairly pleased with the result.
I added the Bullrushes to enhance the water. Unfortunately the stamp doesn't have a makers name


A closer look at the 'water' effect.



Sadly we lost my mum on 22nd December.
Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 1999 so she's been suffering this dreadful disease for almost 20 years. Mum had been in a care home for the last 11 years and they rang to tell us that the end was imminent but it still hits you hard even though you're prepared.
Christmas was a bit emotional as you'd expect but we took my dad to my son's house for Christmas day and, I think we were all better for it. There's nothing like an over excited 6 year old to take your mind off things
Mum was 66 when she was diagnosed and I can't help but think of all things her and dad have missed out on over the years but she was so poorly towards the end it was a blessing really.  I miss her terribly but wouldn't want to see her suffering any more.

Thanks for popping in and I'm sorry if my post has made you sad X

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lynne, what a beautiful card. And yes, I have tears in my eyes here about the fact your Mum and Dad missed out on a lot of things. But, she is at peace now and I do hope that time proves to be a healing friend to you, your Dad and your family. Here's hoping that 2019 turns out to be a better year and you make plenty of new memories with your Dad.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, with a sad story. We lost hubby's step-dad on the 22nd too, but he was not ill for anywhere near as long as your mum, even though he was in a care home too.
    So many good memories to look back on, and I must admit it helps to remember them often.
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your card for 'LIM' Lynne. So sorry about your dear mum too, hope you remember the good times and forget about the sad ones, hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card Lynne brilliant effect and love the bullrushes.So sorry to hear about your Mum
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your mum loss, Lynne. Now take the time to be with your father. Your card is beautifully CAS and it is such a serene and calm scene. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.