About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 14 April 2019

Less is More # 393 Take 2

Hello there,

I'm back with a second (and 3rd) card for the challenge at Less is More which is,

Although I was very pleased with my card yesterday for this challenge, I got to thinking what I could do for a change. I've been looking at cards using texture paste and, although I do have some stencils, they are all quite basic and I fancied something a bit fancier.
I'm always banging on about crafting on a budget and I do have to be careful how much I spend on crafting goodies so I tend not to jump in and buy things on a whim. 
So I experimented. This is probably something lots of you have already done but it was a first for me and I'm quite chuffed.
As I said, I do have some stencils.I also have a few brass stencils to use on a light box. They've been put away in drawer for years and I just wondered if they'd work as good as the plastic stencils. It turns out they do.




I used quite a small simple stencil.
I had some homemade texture paste that I made a couple of months ago and coloured some of it with Distress Inks in blue, green and pink.
I'm really pleased with the result and will probably bore you all to death with my ramblings and experiments for weeks ( I'm joking, honest)

Thanks for popping in x

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Lynne, what a wonderful result, I have a few brass stencils away, perhaps I could try something like this, thanks for the idea.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice results on the use of the stencil. I also have a few brass stencils tucked away. Thanks for the inspiration to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant way to incorporate subtle colours Lynne! Your cards look fantastic. You have inspired me to search out those brass stencils that I have hidden away somewhere too. (and to look up how to make homemade texture paste). Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us again this week at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card love the texture paste through the brass stencil looks just perfect---I have made my own texture paste before but the ready made diy filler -a big pot from the £1 shop works perfectly
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not done this technique for ages, isn't it great how the colours are so different when mixed with paste?! Love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.