About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 3 June 2019

A new to me challenge blog


 Hello there,



 My blog friend Carol is a guest designer for this months challenge at A place to start.
This is a new challenge blog for me but the theme this month is to use your favourite stencil and, as I'd just photographed my latest card, it fits perfectly.

It's my neighbours 60th ( Diamond) wedding anniversary on Thursday and I've made them a card using my stencil from Alexandra Renke.

I began by printing an A5 card with the sentiment on my PC
I used homemade texture paste coloured a pale grey with acrylic paint and after removing the stencil, covered the image in lots of ultra fine silver glitter.
Once dry I added quite a few diamonds ( gems) to the design.

A close up of the glittery finish.
I adore this stencil as it leaves a lovely crisp image and can be used for lots of occasions.


Thanks for popping in X

9 comments:

  1. A very elegant and very expensive looking card Lynne. It will be sell received I'm sure.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job making and coloring your texture paste. The glitter is perfection itself. Beautiful card and quite elegant. Thanks so much for sharing this project with us at A Place To Start. We are not only a challenge blog but also a resource blog for new and seasoned crafters. If you ever decide to do a process tutorial showing how you make your paste and how you apply the glitter, we would love to share it on our blog. Again, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a fantastic project!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was good timing Lynne-absolutely stunning card!!!Fabulous stencil and the sparkly paste looks great coloured with the delicate grey-stunning
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mention too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Lynne 😀 Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really, really beautiful Lynne .. .. I love it!

    Just the right amount of sparkle.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne! This is really striking card and proves that less is so much more! Everything about this card works perfectly together - the stencil placement, the monochromatic color palette and the little bit of bling. Nice work! :)
    Rachelle
    DT @A Place To Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne just popping back to say -Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant design and so beautifully thought out. The design is wonderful. Thank you so much for supporting your friend and joining in the fun at a place to start. Tina Chianna DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.