About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 12 June 2019

Simply Less is More #397

Hello there,

It's a colour challenge at Less is More this time, with the colours being,


I normally love the colour challenges but I've struggled a bit with this one. They are not colours I would normally put together but then, that is the beauty of a challenge. So I've made a card but I'm not 100% happy with it.


I'm still a little bit obsessed with stencils and texture paste so I used a little for this one
The stencil is by Studio 75 and I've coloured the paste with a tiny bit of cerulean blue acrylic paint.
The dragonfly is a die from Amazon and I used a scrap of plum coloured card.
I then swiped all over with a clear embossing pad and covered it with Moon Glow two tone embossing powder in Plum/Gold.
After heating it to melting point I sprinkled more EP on and heated that.
I sprinkled a little Glamour Dust on the wings to finish.
The sentiment is PC generated.


Thanks for popping in x

10 comments:

  1. Such a clever way tosuethe challenge,colours and in a superfabulousCAScard

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific, a fab way to use the LIM colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card, what greatuse of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Lynne, love the texture.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Lynne love the embossed Drangonfly and the background stencilling--anothe one for A place to Start lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Lynne ! Can’t believe that you struggled with the combo when I admire your beautiful take. Love the delicate blue texture to highlight the gorgeous purple butterfly. A stunning CAS card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally nailed the challenge. Wow, this is a beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are tricky colours aren't they? But you did a fabulous job with them - I love the subtle texture.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous!!! I love the texture behind that awesome dragonfly. I love the sparkle and shine. The sentiment banner is the perfect finish to this wonderful creation. Thanks for playing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.