About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 4 September 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge ~ 45

Good Evening All!

Phew! I `ve had such a busy day today, only just had time to get on my computer and post this weeks offering to The Play Date Cafe Challenge

I started at 9.30 this morning with grocery shopping. Then Alan dropped me off at the home to see Mum. From there I went on to do some more shopping, I finally got some new shoes for work. I really hope they help with my poor aching feet otherwise I will be serving customers in my socks I think, lol. Then I caught a bus into town to pick up eldest daughters birthday pressie, yes her birthday was yesterday but being the bad mother that I am, I left it until today. Another bus ride to see said daughter and hand over pressie and card, both of which went down very well. I saw all 3 of my gorgeous grandchildren which is a treat in itself. Alan picked me up from daughters house and we finally got home just in time for tea. I`m whacked but happy!!!

Right, time I showed you a card I think. This is the inspiration we were given,
so much nicer than last weeks colours.


And here is my take on it,
I know I use this layout quite a lot and I really am going to have to be more adventurous but in the meantime
here it is.
Square card 5" x 5" top fold.
I ran a piece of burgundy card through the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder and placed it along the bottom of my card.
The orange DP is by Papermania Capsule Collection Sunshine.
I used my last scrap of kraft card last week so I`ve had to go with a biege/ fawn for my scalloped border which is by Martha Stewart.
I`ve added some bright orange ribbon and a bow along the top of the border.
The sentiment is by Papertrey from their Autumn Abundance set, stamped in orange onto white card and cut out with a nestie labels 4 die. I`ve then cut another label 4 in fawn to border it.
I finally got around to buying spellbinders scalloped circles dies and made a burgundy flower with them.

Thats all for now folks, I`m off to watch X factor.
Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Lynne.
    Lovely colors combo.
    Great papers and ribbon.

    Sending you lots of smiles, Irena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lynn, I adore that background paper and that richly elegant flower! Glad you played along again with the Cafe, this week's choices were, I think, a bit more workable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these are lovely colours to work with, and what a fab job you have done with them Lynne, your card is just stunning.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment about my stamp Lynne, it means a lot to me.
    Love Sarita xx
    PS: Wasn't X Factor a hoot! I can't actually believe one of the contestants thumped her mate!! Brilliant TV in my view lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the embossing and pattern paper look wonderful here! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours Lynne and lovely to see another of your beautiful flowers and bows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done it again, what a beautiful card. I bought a bowmaker and don't seem to get the same results as you, just goes to show it must be all down to your talent. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant! Sounds like a lot of running around you did and a well deserved crafty time. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW--this is so pretty! I love that stamping--and that flower:) Beautifully done:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.