About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Jules Crafty Snippets wk 37

Hi All!
I missed my weekly snippet reduction last week, what with the wedding losing me a whole weekend and then playing catch up all week, so I thought I`d better make an effort for this weeks Jules Crafty Snippets.
My collection of scraps is going down slowly but for every large snippet I use, I`m left with another, smaller snippet. The great thing about it all is that it`s saving me money. Where I would be tempted to buy a new paper pad, I`ve been very good and automatically go straight to my bit box.Lol.
Anyway enough of the waffle here is my first card and, as you can see I`m in Christmas mode.
Apoligies for the rubbish piccy, I photographed it yesterday and it was so very dull. IRL the colours are much brighter.
I`ve used 3 different colours of the same snowflake paper from an Artilicious CD, all quite small snippets.
I used a scallop punch along the bottom of each piece. The hardest thing was getting the triangle correct `cos maths and engineering are so not my strong point. I raised the tree on foam pads and added some gems for baubles. The `bucket` is a small piece of silver mirri card cut to shape.
I ran a snippet of white card through the cuttlebug with the snowflake EF and matted that onto a piece of silver mirri card. Looking at it now,maybe I should add a star to the top.


This one uses 2 papers from Papermania. The holly one is from a Silent Night Collection and was quite a large snippet. The gingham was a tiny piece from a Capsule Collection pad.
I used a Spellbinders scallop die on the holly paper and added 2 red gems.
The sentiment is by Creative Expressions stamped and embossed on gold on a tiny scrap of green card.
I`ve added some gold thread to finish.
I really love this card and might make some more in different papers.
I`m hoping to make some more snippet cards this week, time allowing so I may be back.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great cards - love the pieced Christmas tree so much I might just pinch the idea to use up some of my teeny snippets. The Spellbinder die you've used on the second makes gorgeous scallops - the red gems a very nice touch. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little snippet makes Lynne, do like the Christmas tree. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne

    What gorgeous snippet makes.

    I love your Christmas tree .. .. but my favourite has to be the second one simply because it uses my favourite Christmas papers.

    Loving the huge scallops.

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and for keeping me company in the snippet playground this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.