About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 5 May 2011

Rolled Rose Tutorial...

...or at least this is how I make them.

A really quick post today as I`m supposed to be getting ready for work lol.

I have been asked about the rolled roses I made for my card in a previous post. This is how I do them, it might not be the right way but I find it quite easy. I must admit it does take a couple of practice goes first.
I also find that it`s easier with paper or thin card as it bends better.

Please excuse some of the rubbish pics, it`s harder than I thought to take photo`s one handed lol.
Edited to add,
Now this serves me right for trying to do a post and get ready for work at the same time. Note to self...Don`t forget to tell the whole story DOH!!!
I should have mentioned ofcourse that the flower begins life as a die cut. Mine are from Marianne designs but there are others available. Massive apologies for the omission. 

I use a small embossing tool to start the roll. The smaller the tool, the tighter the middle roll.
 You can then either carry on the fold using the tool or do the rest by hand. In this pic I`ve used the tool.
Leave the large circular bit at the end flat.
 When you remove the tool the flower will look quite tight.
 Gently relax the flower with your fingers by letting unravel abit.
When you are satisfied with the shape and size, that`s it.
 On the flat piece at the bottom put a small dab of quickie glue.
 Sit your flower on the glue. You might have to tighten the flower slightly until you have it right.
When you are happy with it, hold gently between your thumb and forefinger for a few seconds.
When you leave go the flower should stay put. Gently bend the bottom,flat piece until it takes the shape of the rest of your flower and you should end up with a rose like this one.

As I say it does take a couple of tries to get it right, so practice on some spare copy paper. In no time you`ll be making them by the dozen.

I hope that helps. If anyone knows an easier way, please let me know.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for that - brilliant little tutorial ;-) I now know where I'm going wrong - I've been trying to pin the middle to the base, not glue it doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne, these look fabulous !!
    Can i ask if the paper is die cut first , before you roll it ? And what die did you use ?
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Lynne. Might have to buy that die!

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice flower and excellent tut.

    Thanks so much for sharing, Lynne.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne thanks for sharing this tutorial with us you make it look so easy! But will certainly give it a go.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fab Lynne, but being a complete idiot I need what comes before the roll! Is the flower die cut and how to you cut it to begin the roll? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne

    A fabby tutorial - the finished rose looks gorgeous!!

    Fancy showing me that!!! I will now need the die LOL!!!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous flower tutorial Lynne - the finished result is stunning. Must take a peek at the die -oh dear - another item for my wish-list!
    HUgs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great instructions Lynne, so helpful thanks, I have got the die, so it all helps. All I need now is time to play:0) I think you managed the pics beautifully :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Lynne! I make rolled flowers with circles but I've never tried it with a die-cut flower shape. Thanks for sharing. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These flowers look brilliant, they are so effective. If I ever get that die, I know where to come for some instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.