About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 8 August 2010

Another card for Jean

Hello!!!
I`m here at last with a card.

My Dad rang during the week and asked me to make a card for Jean. This is the same lady I made the lilac card for a few posts ago. I decided to go with pink and this was the perfect excuse to use my brand new digi papers from Pink Petticoat. 
They are called vintage roses and remind me of Laura Ashley. This is what I did with them,

The photo isn`t very good I`m afraid. We had glorious sunshine first thing but by the time I had the chance to take a piccy, the sun had disappeared again.
I made a 5" x 5" square card, then cut a panel slightly smaller. I like this way of making cards as it gives a bit of depth and is also easier for wrapping ribbon round.
I used 2 pieces of Pink petticoat DP, one roses and one stripes. Wrapped the ribbon around the join to hide, then mounted the panel onto my card using foam pads.
Then I just went to town with the embellies.
I used some diamonte flourish bling, then added some pink roses from my stash.
Made a huge bow ( ofcourse) and added that to my ribbon.
I made the sentiment on the PC and cut it out with a nestie labels 4 die and voila!!!




Phew! I`d forgotten just how hectic life is when you are working. I`m doing afternoons next week so that should be easier and I am determined to keep on top of things so I can have more of my weekend free ( yeah right!) Lol.


Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

6 comments:

  1. OMG....it's gorgeous, simply gorgeous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! The bow is back! What a beautiful card Lynne - Jean will love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lynne! What delicate softness and wonderful bling! That bow is perfect and I would be thrilled to receive a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and feminine. I like the simplicity of the layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne,

    I think Jean must have loved receiving this!
    That is just a fab.u.lous big pink bow!
    It's a lovely card - so feminine & elegant & it's the featured card on the Pink Petticoat blog today.
    http://pinkpetticoat.blogspot.com/2010/08/elegant-vintage-rose.html

    Best Wishes,
    Liz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, this is my first visit to your blog but won't be my last. Anyone would love to receive this card.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.