About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 August 2010

CAS and PDC and some news

Good afternoon all!

My card today is for 2 challenges Clean and Simple Stamping and The Play Date Cafe

Cas gave us this sketch 


and PDC gave us this piccy and the requirements are Black & White with a touch of Green.
This is my card
I think this must be one of the easiest cards I`ve made in a long time.
I`ve used an A5 top fold white base card.
I`ve matted some black and white DP from Dovecraft onto some green card leaving a very narrow border.
I stamped and embossed some leaves from Papertreys Turning a new leaf set in fresh green and carefully cut them out.
The butterfly is from Anitas and is stamped and embossed in white onto vellum.
I raised the leaves with tiny foam pads and stuck on the butterfly.
The sentiment is from Papertreys Autumn Blessings set and is stamped with black Stazon and raised with foam pads.
I toyed with the idea of doing a more flambouyant card but I seem to be in a cas mood today and this just fit the bill.

Now for my news. I am finally on the system at my new place of work and start tomorrow morning. I`m a little nervous as I`ve been away from working life for a year now and everything and everyone will be new but I`m sure I`ll soon get used to it. I must admit I will miss my carefree days of being able to do my own thing in my own time but I just keep looking at all the things I`ll be able to treat myself to.

Thanks for popping in ...Lynne xxx

9 comments:

  1. Lynne, your card is so beautiful. The paper is wonderful. The butterfly is lovely.
    All these elements make you card gorgeous.

    Hugs, Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...SO pretty! This card just screams elegance. That butterfly is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne your card fits that picture so well - I can't believe how brilliant the match is. A really well put together card - you inspired me.
    Wishing you all the best for the first day tomorrow - you will be fine I am sure.
    Hugs Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely clean design! Perfect background paper and great touch of green. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, wonderful splash of green! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, would never have gone down that route, love your style. Hope things went well at work today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOOOOOOOOOORAY for going back to work at your system!! That is fabulous news!! Praying that you have a great day--and just relax and enjoy the day!!

    This is a fab card--love that hint of green! That is a perfect amount of "splash"!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous, dramatic card - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.