About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 14 August 2010

The Shabby Tea Room # 22

Hello friends!

Saturday at last and just time to post my submission for  The Shabby Tea Room wk# 22 challenge.

The title for this weeks challenge is `Reflections` and we are to produce a project using this picture with reflections and/or these colours .

Here is my card;
 I`ve tried to use the colours in the photograph and although there is no blue in it, the way the white reflects in the mirror gives it a slight bluish tinge. I also quite liked the contrast between the biege and the blue.

I started with a white square card ( 5" x 5" )
I matted and layered some pale blue pearlescent card and some of the new DP from Pink Petticoat
Vintage Roses collection in washed cream. I adore these papers and know I`ll be using them again and again.
The chandellier is a digi stamp, also by Pink Petticoat and I`ve jazzed it up a bit with some small clear gems, cut out with an oval nestie. I`ve then cut a larger nestie as a border in the blue.
I wrapped a black ribbon around the card and finished it off with a bow and added some larger clear gems in the bottom corners.

Well folks, it was payday for me yesterday so I got straight on the net and had myself a little ( very little) spending spree. I can`t wait until my goodies arrive and I`ll be showing off with some new designs soon.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

11 comments:

  1. Simple beautiful and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is so classy and elegant Lynne. Your design is fabulous and you have really captured the essence of the challenge picture.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous image and such a gorgeous design! CAS, yet so elegant!! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh So Pretty! I just love that chandelier image! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant Lynne, I love the simplicity of your card. Really stunning,
    Can't wait to see what you've been buying!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an adorable card, and so perfect for our challenge this week in the Tea Room. I love that chandelier digi image, and the added gems are perfect. Adds such a nice sparkle and reflection to the design. I also added some blue to my card....I agree with you that the mirror seems to bounce back some blue. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - CAS - elegant! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Lynne - classy and elegant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant with a touch of drama! It's stunning Lynne. Hope you enjoyed your shopping spree - you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! This is very elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, no other word for it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.