About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 8 August 2010

Orange Damask

Hello again!

Two posts today, maybe I`m catching up on all the time I missed.

I just had to get this one in quick as I realised the closing day for this challenge is midnight tonight.  
This is the colour swatch we were given at Color throwdown 
As soon as I saw these fabulous colours I knew I had to play along. This is my version,
 I stamped the damask pattern from Heidi Swapp in Versa color Orange onto plain white paper.
The striped paper is a digi download from  Shabby Princess.
I had downloaded a stamin` up colour chart and printed it off so was thrilled when my yellow ribbon was a near perfect match for Dafodil delight ( although it does look darker in the piccy).
I made some more `carnations` in orange in two sizes.
The only bit of green I could manage are the leaves I`m afraid. I stamped and embossed the small leaf set from Papertrey Turning a new leaf set and cut them out. ( very tricky... I really must get a leaf punch).
I added a big bow for a bit of flounce and thats it.

There you are Vicky... carnations and a bow. Be careful what you wish for...lol.

Right , better get this included in the challenge before I run out of time. See you all soon.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    This card is so cute! I love the beautiful orange flowers which tie in with the gorgeous damask pattern. I really love these background stamps - I really need to get my hands on some more of them!

    Tasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to play along with us at the Color Throwdown. You used the colors just beautifully!! I just love that damask pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, this card is super! I looked at those colors at the challenge and ran the other way, but your card colors perfectly compliment each color. Super fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours sweetie, you always make the best bows, husg Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty. I like the colors and the ribbon is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't have wished for anything better - it's superb! And the carnations in orange are delicious! (By the way. you definitely need the SU two step bird punch - not only do you get the bird but also gorgeous leaves like yours without cutting them out! Sorry, Alan Sugar MADE me say that...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.