About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 15 August 2010

Play Date Cafe #42

Hello everyone!

Well it`s Sunday evening already, where has the weekend gone? Why do weekend days go faster than week days? These are just some of the questions that I need answering!!!lol.

  Here is the photo and colour swatch from the Play Date Cafe
for this weeks challenge.

Quite a challenging one this week as I think the colours are quite masculine and I wasn`t in the mood for a man card. Anyway, this is what I came up with;
I used a cream hammered card for my base as it was the nearest I have to beige.
I matted and layered some brown damask DP from Papermania Joyeaux Noel collection. ( doesn`t look Christmassy to me), onto some dark green card.
I made a panel of green DP again from Papermania Capsule collection and layered that onto some brown card then added a strip of beige card, punched with a Fiskars punch.
I wrapped 2 skinny ribbons around my panel before sticking it onto my card base.
I stamped the bird from Inkadinkado Birds Galore in fresh green onto cream card and cut it out with a nestie circle. I cut a larger circle in the dark green card and placed my stamped image onto it using foam pads.
I added some emerald gems to give it a more feminine touch and finished off with 2 bows.

Although it is a bit darker than my usual cards I`m quite pleased with the way it`s turned out.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for popping in ...Lynne xxx

12 comments:

  1. I know it's sometimes a lot of work to be stretched in a challenge, but I am so glad that you did it because this is lovely.
    We appreciate your support of The Play Date Cafe Challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mix of papers, lovley bird image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Lynne! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you tied two ribbons around this card front! SO CLEVER! Love this card all around--great job!! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background paper and lovely bird. Love those Inkadinkado birds. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, I absolutely adore that kraft background paper, adds to the complete elegance of your card! Great job with the color challenge, you totally nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinds of colours and I think you've made a beautiful card with them. Love the double bows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lynne, I love the bird stamp you have used.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, I like the colors and your jewels accent on the bird are a great touch. At first I couldn't figure out why you had pictures of camels on your blog. LOL Then I read about the color challenge. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is JUST dreamy! I'm SO inspired by your breathtaking use of the PDCC colors! WAHOOOO! Thank you for sharing your talent and this lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant and I love the colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, great bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.