About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 August 2010

My first Christmas card this year

Good Morning All!
And a happy monday to you.

The colour swatch and piccy over on Stacey`s blog Curtain Call Act #41  asks us to use these colours
While over on  Our Creative Corner 
we are asked for  `Christmas in July`, except it`s now August but who`s counting?
 After several failed attempts to get something lacey I decided to go with this for my card.





 It`s a design I used last Christmas after I borrowed ( stole) the idea from Sarita. If you`ve never seen any of Sarita`s beautiful creations you can find her blog HERE .
Please visit, you will be in for a treat.
I started with a DL plain white card.

I stamped an Elusive Images Damask background stamp in royal blue on to white card and embossed in clear EP.Then cut 2 circles with a circle nestie.
I cut the border using my borderbilities classic lace die in navy card stock, then added a slither of fawn card along the edge.
I used foam pads to raise it along the edge of my card.
I cut 2 pieces of navy ribbon at different lengths and added those to my card from the top then placed my ` baubles` circles on foam pads.
I`ve added some tiny blue gems on the circles for added bling and some on my border. I used some larger gems to highlight my sentiment.
Then I made 2 bows to finish my baubles off.
The sentiment is by Creative Expressions and is stamped in Royal Blue.

Not much else to tell you really. Hopefully I won`t be too worn out tomorrow and might even have another card to post seeing as I seem to be on a roll.

Thanks for popping in ...Lynne xxx

12 comments:

  1. Stunning love the lace border just fab hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw it I thought of Sarita - you have CASED her style perfectly - you really are entering another class with your cards Lynne.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing beautiful card, Lynne. I love this color combo. Every detail on this card is gorgeous.

    Hugs, Irena

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card, Lynne! you worked some Christmas magic on this one:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely sensational Lynne!! May need to save this one to my favourites to CASE for my own christmas cards-lol!! Thanks for sharing your magical card at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Lynne, love the colours. You will have to get a wiggle on and make some more stunning Christmas cards just like this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that border punch down the side!! Great Christmas card using this week's colours. thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! The colours are perfect and the sentiment is positioned perfectly to balance out the baubles. A couple of these a week and you'll be sorted come Christmas! Hope work's going well - of course a bit of crafting is just the thing to revive you after a hard day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is lovely! One of my favorite Spellbinders border dies and sensational job on the baubles! Great job on the Christmas card challenge. So happy you were able to have some fun with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Lynne, I love the border and fab colour choice too. Thank you so much for your kind words Lynne, they mean a lot to me,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Oh I like the ornaments and your fancy panel. Beautiful.
    Congrats on the new job and yes it does hamper the stamping time. Enjoy the new job and your days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.