About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 29 August 2010

Do Not Adjust Your Sets!

Hello All!
I hope you`re all enjoying the bank holiday Sunday ( UK)

Guess who has to work tomorrow? Serves me right for working in retail lol.

My first post today is one I am really not sure about. In fact I would go so far as to say it`s really quite ugly.
I sometimes think that the girls who think up the colour challenges have quite a cruel streak in them. Just look at what the girls from The Play Date Cafe, 
have come up with. 


Hot Pink, Navy and Mustard.
They`ve even called it the ` Colour Horribilis` Challenge, and they were not wrong there,lol.
Still, a challenge is a challenge and I`ve had a go, not very well but I`ve had a go. This is what I finished up with.
Yes folks, I actually made this and not only that, I have the cheek to post it on my blog.


I used Navy card as my base.
I cut a piece of dark yellow card ( no mustard I`m afraid) and stamped an Elusive Images Damask in navy ink all over.
I added some hot pink ribbon and a bow.
The thank you sentiment is by Papertrey and is my sarcastic way of thanking the girls for such an awful colour combo this week.
Please, please, please can we have some nice pretty colours next time, pretty please!!!


End of rant and it`s all said very tongue in cheek, honestly.


Thanks for looking...Lynne xxx

11 comments:

  1. But I love it Lynne! It's a really bold, statement card and those colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the navy looks on your navy background. Beautiful card! Glad you stayed with it and created your entry for the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! LOVE the damask background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Hee Heee! You are SO clever! Looks like this unlikely color combo didn't daunt you in the slightest! This is some BRILLIANT card craft! I'm positively DELIGHTED you've shared your wonderful talent with the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you did a great job! Love the pink ribbon accent; the blue stamping works brilliantly on the mustard piece. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely damask background! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty TU card, the damask looks wonderful on your panel. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, simple and effective!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very elegant card, I love the way you've done the damask! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's a bit bright but I really love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.