About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 7 August 2011

Less is More #27 Take 2

Good evening all!

Well, luckily for me, the football season is now in full swing and the rugby semi finals were on the telly this afternoon which gave me the perfect opportunity to indulge in some guilt free crafting. Alan thinks I`m mad when I say I feel guilty but I sometimes feel that I ought to spend at least some of the weekend with him. Anyway I`ve thoroughly enjoyed myself today and that`s what matters.
My second card for this weeks Less is More is based on the red, white and blue of the Union Jack.


Here is my take on the challenge.






I`ve used Navy Blue card for the base.
The flowers are made from an English Roses Die from Marianne Designs in white paper.
The leaf is another die from Marianne cut out in red card.
Originally I was going to use white card base and red roses but I thought since we were going all patriotic I`d use white roses for the White Rose of Yorkshire, me being a yorkshire lass an all. I quite like the effect of the white against the dark blue.

Right, I think me and my craft room have seen enough of each other for the time being, I`m off to come and visit as many of you as I can.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

27 comments:

  1. ANother stunning card Lynne...hopefully I will get my challenge done tomorrow.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Lynne! I love the white roses - being another yorkshire lass, I had the same idea but they didn't work with my image ;-)
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I love the white roses, they look stunning! A gorgeous card!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, these leafy fronds are so elegant, I must get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dramatic Lynne! A great design - love the white roses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne
    Gorgeous card love the vibrant colours ....
    hugs sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking card Lynne, love the navy card base
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply lovely Lynne, really elegant!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. The roses are fab and I love the leaf die. Another great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, great way to use the colours, the roses are lovely. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing idea!!! Beautiful detalies!!
    Natali (Sorry my English)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynne - you've been busy. I just love this card - the rose and leaves looks wonderful against the blue background. Really elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation Lynne. thank you for the lovely comment on my blog much appreciated

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL card Lynne.

    I'm totally with you on the guilt-free crafting feeling. Couldn't wait for the footy season to start again! LOL!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those roses look stunning against the dark blue background Lynne, a beautiful card:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, nice to see a change from white card! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great idea to have white roses for Yorkshire and it's a very lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This die is stunning, makes a great card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant, the navy card makes a striking background

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very striking - fab card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very Nice LIM cards Lynne! Well done!
    Greetings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's fab Lynne, love that navy card base and that leaf die ( almost bought it myself a while ago, wish I had now), the flowers look great too. Daren't tell you I am originaly a Lancashire lass myself:O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now, see....I tried to make leaves in a color other than green...and I couldn't make it work...how'd you do that! This looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So striking... such nice colour combo. The roses are popping out.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.