About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 13 August 2011

Less is More #28 Use Ink

Good Afternoon All!
The challenge this week at Less is More is to use ink, preferably in a way you haven`t used it before. Mmmm, I use ink to stamp images and that`s about it for me. I don`t do techniques mainly because I`m pretty useless and can`t afford to buy all those different inks and never use them. So, what to do? I remembered Susan Raihala 
showing a technique with Twinkling H2o`s , an acrylic block and a water spritzer only the other day so I had a go at that.Susan`s is fabulous ofcourse. I used half a dozen pieces of scrap card to practice on and they were all rubbish so I gave up on that idea. So, while I still had my H2o`s out I thought I`d mask a square and paint some colour onto a card. This is the result.
I used post its to mask but because the paint was quite  wet it seeped a little around the edges. I quite like the `scruffy` effect and the colour is fabulously shimmery but I`m not happy with them. I might give it another go using masking tape.
I`ve simply stamped over the colour using stamps from Chocolate Baroque and Inkadinkado.
When I came to stamp them I wondered what I could do with the limited inks in my collection. I don`t even have any particularly juicy ink pads but I thought I try out some Versacolour on scrap card. I used a spare bathroom sponge,cut up into little pieces and did a practice run on a spare piece of card and this time using masking tape. Oh yes! it worked a treat.
Here is the finished card.

For the sand I used a mixture of Sand Beige and Canary and the sky/sea is Baby Blue and Cyan.
The stamp is by Inkadinkado Down by the Seaside. I`m much happier with this one and have now decided that I need to start saving my pennies for some grown up ink pads.
I must have beach scenes on the brain this weekend and that gives me a chance to remind you all about this months challenge at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge 
which is seaside/holiday. For those of you who are new to this challenge, we ask you to make a card following the theme, add it to the blog (click on the link) and, if you want to you can donate your card and any others to raise much needed funds for the hospice.We have a fabulous prize to give the winner, this month donated by Quixotic Paperie.
I`m sure Chrissie and Mandi won`t mind me plugging this cause on this post :)

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

54 comments:

  1. I really like ALL the cards you've shown in your post Lynne.

    Masking and inking on a one layer card just seems to work out so well! YAY - you have another card for St Luke's too!
    Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, you've outdone yourself here! All of them are TOTALLY FABULOUS! I'm really drawn to the pink - it really pops, but the beach one is pretty fab too and perfect for our St Lukes challenge.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like each of these. I bet the twinkling H2Os are gorgeous in person. And I do love your little beach scene - I want to follow that arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are brilliant. Clever! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn
    All cards gorgeous.....love them....
    hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynne all of the cards you have made are fantastic Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beauty! very fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all superb cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are all fabulous, I love the scruffy look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Lynne...what beautiful colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Lynne and the cause at St Luke's is such a worthy one!
    Maybe you'd like to swing by Mandi's and my personal blogs sometime when you are doing your LIMtte visiting... we sometimes add additional cards!
    Thanks so much for more great submissions.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. All gorgeous. Will have to have a go at this myself I think. :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It certainly did work a treat, but I also liked your earlier efforts too ! Great beach scene and beautifully placed.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne, these are all fantastic!! Well done for coming up with such brilliant cards with your limited stash - mine is the same but I didn't think of anything anywhere near as creative as this. The Twinkling H2O technique looks good so I'll have to try that. I need to save up for grown up inks too, lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are fabulous Lynne
    Susan is wonderful inspiration
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. ALL fabulous but I particularly like the pink with the thistles

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynne - these are all just fabulous. I do like the slightly distressed effect with the H2Os. Your beach card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, each of your cards are so lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards and less is sure more in this case! This packed a beautiful punch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous set Lynne - love the one for St Luke's too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I just love these! Fantastic use of inks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow... love all your cards, but the beach card is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a fabulous collection of cards, love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh these are fabulous Lynn, who needs grown up ink pads and inks??? I love the gradient of colour in your first three cards but the beach card is just gorgeous :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards Lynn, you've certainly mastered the 'inky block' technique! The beach card is perfectly CAS. Fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh fab cards Lynne, such a gorgeous effect :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lynne - your cards, all of them, are beautiful. I especially like the way the inks seeped on the top three, and your effect on the beach card is perfect!
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all your cards Lynne. You've certainly mastered this technique. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like all of these cards. I think you have mastered the technique perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. these are all so beautiful....you have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What super selection, cann't pick a favourite they are all so good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such beautiful cards Lynne! The last one makes me wish I was going on holiday!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  33. All the cards are gorgeous!! Fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful and delicate cards.I like them very much,

    grts,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are wonderful - love all of them.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello Lynn

    Your cards all fabulous with such gorgeous colours and stamps.

    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love them all, beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning cards - love them all

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards with such fabulous images and effects!

    ReplyDelete
  40. All the cards are fab....I had the same problem when I tried to paint with the h2o paints. I LOVE the beach card!!! SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello Lynne.
    Susan from NZ here, saw your card on LIM and then saw the rest what glorious designs all of them, you certainly have a talent for this genre.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh Lynne I think all of your cards look amazing! love that pink one and the last one is maybe my fav too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are great Lynne, love the shimmer of H2O's and your beach card is fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh Lynne What a great array of beautiful cards, I love all of them, clever you, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. All are very pretty...such pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The seepage on the first 3 looks like you meant it. They are wonderful. The beach one is FABULOUS - I am very drawn to beachy anything. I really love the colors you used and your results are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  48. A stunning set of cards! I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great set of cards. Please don't make me choose - I love them all too! Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.