About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 12 August 2011

One stamp.one colour, two cards...

Good afternoon all!
I promise to keep this one short and sweet after yesterdays marathon post.Thanks to all of you for worrying about my mental state but I assure you I`m fine lol. Wednesday I was stressed, ( who am I kidding, I was fuming) yesterday I was quite chilled, especially after getting the coving up, which I might add, is still up and looking good. Even Alan was impressed. Just goes to show, you`re never too old to learn a new skill lol. Son assures me that the wedding was never in any doubt and as he only has to stand at the front of the church and not walk down the aisle, he`ll be fine. How he is getting out of the church afterwards, he didn`t say but he is so laid back about everything and if he`s not worried, then neither am I.

Right then, 2 cards from me today.
Both using Flourishes Zinnia stamp and both coloured with Promarkers. The first one has a touch of bright yellow marvy marker on it too.
The DP is Papermania Capsule Collection Yellows and I`ve embossed a strip of mustard card with the Cuttlebug Leafy branch EF. and added a piece of orange ribbon. The image is cut with a circle nestie, matted onto an orange lacey circle.
The cas version is a pretty rubbish photo, apologies for that, but uses more or less the same colours as the first.
I`ve embossed part of a panel with the Leafy Branch EF and added a strip of the DP. This time the image is matted onto a mustard lacey circle
I thought it would be good to see how versatile these stamps can be no matter what your style of card making.
That`s it from me for now,
Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

8 comments:

  1. How nice to see some lovely sunny yellow - its tipping down here and so dark I've had to put the light on - I obviously missed the memo about skipping August and going straight to October.....
    Great colouring and I love the different looks from the dp to the plainer background - not even sure which I like best.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Lynne,

    These cards are breathtakingly beautiful and zinnias are one of my fave flowers... in fact my older one is named after them except that we spell her name as Zeenya (just decided to be creative with the pronunciation and spelling).

    What pro colouring there and the embossing looks awesome.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both absolutely gorgeous Lynne! That stamp is beautiful and your colouring is amazing - I just couldn't do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad eveything's worked out for you and yours Lynne.

    Love this card too. Nice image and nicely coloured.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these cards are fabulous - the flowers are so beautiful. It's amazing how different both cards are - and I think I marginally prefer the CAS version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both of them Lynne, I started off liking the second one better, but now can't choose between them!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cards are beautiful, and these are no exception. I love the image, so wonderfully coloured! And you can put up coving, too - I am dead impressed! I am not a DIY-er - mostly because I'm too short (4'10") - that's my excuse!

    Keep smiling - the wedding is going to be fantastic!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.