About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Pink, Blue & Pretty

Good Afternoon All!
Yep, it`s me again. I have a few days off work and I`m supposed to be getting the living room ready for decorating but somehow I`ve managed to find myself in the craftroom. I have no idea how that happpened Lol.
The card I`m showing today is one I made a couple of weeks ago and then realised that I couldn`t post it because the lady in question sometimes looks at my blog. Well I know that this lady is away for the week doing much more exciting things than snooping at this blog so I think it`s safe.
Jean, who the card is for, is a friend of Mum and Dads and has been very supportive of my Dad since Mum had to go into residential care. She is a lovely lady and it will be her birthday next week. Here is the card I made for her,
As the backing papers are snippets I was going to add it to Jules snippets challenge but as there is so much other stuff on it, I`m not going to afterall.
The DP is Papermania Blueberry Hill matted onto pink pearlescent card.
I made a frame from the pink card using 2 nestie label 4 dies but you can hardly see it under the embellies.
I added a floaty pink feather, then a rose surrounded by cherry blossoms.
I punched a martha Stewart Butterfly from the pink card and added some gems.
I placed the lace over the join of the 2 papers and laid the ribbon over the top and made a double looped bow.
The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with a tag punch.
I`m pleased with this one. I love that all the colours go together so well and I`m sure Jean will be pleased too.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

16 comments:

  1. Hello Lynne

    I absolutely love your card, it's fabulous.
    The soft gentle colours and embellishments are perfect.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft pinks and blues on this are just gorgeous Lynne. I'm sure she will love it!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lynne love all those soft colours.. a real vintage look to this card lovely

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colour combo - it's so peaceful - and right now with all the madness going on in the Country this is real soothing. Am sure she will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Lynne!! This is so beautiful!! Jean will love this I'm sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card all those beautiful blooms simply gorgeous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful Lynne! Pretty colours and so many lovely details :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah, this is a dream! An absolutely gorgeous card, beautiful lace, feathers and flowers, sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, feminine card - I love the soft shades of blue and pink and the beautiful feathers, lace and flowers - I'm sure that Jean will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, oh I like the colors and that lacey ribbon is perfect with your flowers. She will love it and hope she doesn't sneak a peek while she is gone hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is almost divine... love the gentle colours. SUPERB card!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynne. I completely understand that 'how did I get in here?' craftroom feeling! This card is an absolute triumph and Jean will be delighted with it I'm sure. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tee hee Lynne. Your post made me smile.

    The trouble is the craft space is just the "best" place to be. The trouble is time there isn't like time anywhere else .. .. it just flies at break neck speed!!

    Loving your card very much as I am sure the recipient will .. .. so beautiful and delicate.

    I was sorry to read your Mum had to go into residential care. That must have been very tough for your Dad and you too!

    Take care and good look with preparations for the decorating.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love it Lynne, those flowers look so pretty and the colour combo is nice and soft and dreamy too, love it.Not a LIM card for a change lol, I must try a deviation from the usual LIMness too :O)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.