About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 1 August 2011

A Pinch, A Punch...

...it`s the first of the month.
Which means it`s time for a brand new challenge at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge and this month the theme is, By The Seaside.
We want you to send us your cards showing anything to do with seaside holidays.
The beach, seashells, yatchts, fishes anything with a " get away from it all" summer by the sea feeling.
When you`ve done that, you could send your card, by post, to the hospice to sell to raise funds too. What could be better? The address in in the sidebar on the St Lukes Blog. There is also a fabulous prize this month for the best entry chosen by the DT..
Here is a little bit of inspiration,

I`ve made a panel for the front of my card and embossed using a swirls EF because it reminds me of rolling waves.
I`ve added a snippet of blue paper to represent the sea and a piece of yellow for the sand.
The image is by Inkadinkdo Down by the Sea set stamped in versafine black.
I haven`t added any colour to the image because I think it lovely just as it is.
What I wouldn`t give to by the sea right now...





Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love all the details and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the contrast of the black and white image with the colour representing the sea and sand behind - inspired idea :-D
    I wish I was by the sea tonight - there may be a breeze there as its flipping boiling but stuffy in Sheffield tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely - a clean and simple image with the texture and papers being the sea and sand! It's been a lovely evening here in Wales - not sure about today though!!! It does appear that lighthouses are quite the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynne

    A fabulous creation and yes you are right .. .. any more colour I think would spoil it!!

    Great finished look.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. Yes, I think a "beat" of hearts would be perfect!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card Lynne.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lynn

    Your card is just beautiful, I love the summer colours and your stunning stamp. And, yes you are right more colour would not do.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant beach card card Lynne, love the blue and yellow snippets to represent the sky and sand. I love the image left black and white too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card Lynne and, yes, I would love to be by the sea right now - preferably the Mediterranean!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Lynne. Will try and join in again this month.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Lynne, it's got a lovely peaceful feel. I agree the stamp looks great just as it is :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.